Menu

Debt payoff calculators

Carrie12345

I love playing with these things and want to begin using one in a serious manner, but it drives me nuts that all of the ones I find work on a monthly basis.  I pay the bills every two weeks, on payday.  I buy groceries weekly.  I budget with 2 (biweekly) paychecks a month.  None of these monthly calendars are as accurate as I want them to be because of that.

I like DR's new app for tracking spending. I like UndebtIt for the ability to add extra payments.  I need them to get together and have a baby!  Otherwise I'm left doing a WHOLE bunch of math that will take forever.

Anyone know of something?

There is a spreadsheet you can get through excel that is flexible on the dates.  Actually, I'm sure there's a few of them.  My husband uses one that is more of an overall picture and I use one that does debt in list form.  His comes with a chart that projects surplus/deficit and he can put in income/payments weekly.

There is a spreadsheet you can get through excel that is flexible on the dates.  Actually, I'm sure there's a few of them.  My husband uses one that is more of an overall picture and I use one that does debt in list form.  His comes with a chart that projects surplus/deficit and he can put in income/payments weekly.

Hm. My Excel skill stink, but that might be worth the effort.

Do you pay every bill twice then?  

I guess I am just not picturing what you need.   DH gets paid twice per month, I get paid once per month.  We just budget monthly.  I have a monthly grocery budget even though I buy weekly.  

• Like 1

Are you making a payment on debt every two weeks?  It would be fairly difficult to program a general debt payoff calculator that is exactly accurate if you are doing this.  You would have to do all of the interest calculations on a daily basis and know something about how frequently interest was being calculated on the debt.

Do you pay every bill twice then?  

I guess I am just not picturing what you need.   DH gets paid twice per month, I get paid once per month.  We just budget monthly.  I have a monthly grocery budget even though I buy weekly.  

Dh gets paid every two weeks. Like you, we budget monthly. But also like you, I still grocery shop weekly.