Menu

quick, dr hive....

kfeusse

you are a good detective...yes indeed...same child.

She actually had a fever last night when she went to bed....(same low grade) thought maybe it was the heat....it is hot here...but this morning when she woke up, she said she felt fine except she has some drainage from allergies...grass pollen is very high right now and she is very allergic to lots of stuff.  She is on allergy meds, which usually keeps thing at bay...but not the last couple days. 

She has a job of watching a 6th grader and she went.  Hoping she isn't contagious.  We also had plans to go to a water park this afternoon with some friends...not sure if we should keep those plans or not...it is going to be VERY hot here today...heat index over 100...so if it is heat related, being out in the heat won't be a good idea.

oh, by the way, she obviously hasn't had any adverse issues with the hot dog....but I did read it can sometimes take days or even weeks for foo poisoning to show it's ugly head. 

thanks everybody.

How old is she?  If she's at or past puberty it could be typical cycle variation.   If not, allergies or a virus or even a mild migraine can cause that.

I'd go to the water park as long as she isn't clearly contagious - coughing or puking or diarrhea.  Nothing kills a virus as fast as a good strong dose of Vitamin D.  And if it is a bug, the heat will help kill it. Just push lots of water.

My youngest used to spike fevers of 103-104 with no know reason. He would be playing like he normally did and we would notice he felt warm.  Fever.  He would show no other symptoms.  it was just his own weirdness. It continued to happen on and off until he was about 10.

we went to the water park yesterday and she played all afternoon with her friends. She was exhausted when we were driving home...and she just laid around until about 8:30.  I kept touching her to see if she was feverish and it wasn't until about 8:30 that I noticed she was super warm and I took her temp and it was 101.5.  So I gave her motrin and sent her to bed. 

If she is still feverish this morning should I call the doctor (I am letting her sleep until she wakes up....luckily she isn't working today) She still has bad allergy symptoms, but if she still has a fever I am questioning an infection of some sort.

thanks for all of your thoughts.

we went to the water park yesterday and she played all afternoon with her friends. She was exhausted when we were driving home...and she just laid around until about 8:30.  I kept touching her to see if she was feverish and it wasn't until about 8:30 that I noticed she was super warm and I took her temp and it was 101.5.  So I gave her motrin and sent her to bed. 

If she is still feverish this morning should I call the doctor (I am letting her sleep until she wakes up....luckily she isn't working today) She still has bad allergy symptoms, but if she still has a fever I am questioning an infection of some sort.

thanks for all of your thoughts.

I would see if the doc could fit her in today under those circumstances. They can do bloodwork to determine type of infection. It would be nice to know especially if it is something that you can nip early.