Menu

Looking for great leg of lamb recipes

Mama Geek

I just rub it with olive oil, smashed garlic and rosemary, smash a few garlic heads into slits near the bone, and plunk it in a pan with a little red wine for occasional basting.  I often do roasted baby potatoes and asparagus along with it (they take less time).  I serve it either with mint sauce (which I gussy up with a little chopped fresh mint) or tzatziki.

It's very easy and forgiving, really.

• Like 2

We just rub ours with curry (Mccormick), add mushrooms, and roast it to medium rare.  Then I make gravy from it if there are enough drippings.  Sometimes I put potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions on the side like a typical pot roast.

It's always well loved by our family.

If it's not as good of a roast, we'll cube it and add it to beans, peppers, onions, and tomato paste in the crock pot, then serve that over rice.  I'd have to look up the spices I use for that one, but curry is in it.

• Like 1

I butterfly a leg of lamb, marinate it with lots of lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, garlic, red wine, chopped onion (mix all marinade ingredients in a blender/food processor) overnight or at least several hours, and after patting most of the marinade off hubby grills it on the Weber.  YUMMY!!!