Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search
Indigo Blue

What personality type are you?

OF the sixteen types, which one do you think you might be? It would be fun to keep this thread light. I know some may not put much stock in this type of thing, and that's fine....I just think it's a fun question and sometimes these things seem eerily accurate. So, please just keep this fun. I would love to take the Myers-Briggs, but I think you have to pay for that one? I've just done one or two simple ones online just out of curiosity, and just for fun.

I seem to be INFJ. (Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging) Boy, does it really seem to be accurate.

What I do at social events:  5%  Talking, 20% Eating, 75% Thinking if now is a good time to leave...So true!

It's also easier to write than it is to talk in person.

What is yours?

ENTJ

Totally spot on for me, and was a really good exercise for me.  ENTJ aren't known for their social/emotional awareness, and having a way to think about people, and their strengths/weakness, was life-changing for me.  Learning about Meyers-Briggs taught me so, so much.  I know a lot of people don't put stock into it, but it's just a tool.  If it works for you, it works, you know?  If not, fine.  Find something else.

• Like 1

I used to know but I don't have the letters anymore.  It's been interesting over the years how I have migrated from extremes towards middles.  I didn't think personalities could change when I was younger, but I do now, or at least I think it is possible that there is change in something--maybe just in being able to be honest about who I really am and not who I think I ought to be.

• Like 1

ISFJ.

For me, the I and the E are almost exactly in the middle.  I like people, until I need my space.  :)

My dh is an ENTJ.  He exhausts me some days.

• Like 1

Complete INTJ.   smallest percentage was 76%.   

I remember there was another thread here on this.  The INT's are wayyy over-represented.   It makes sense when you read the description and imagine that person in a non-perfect public school environment.  

• Like 4

Both DH and I had to take the Myers Briggs test at the end of college as graduation requirements. The school paid for it as part of career development. I forget what I was. For careers, DH's #2 in the list was airline pilot, and that is what he ended up being, even though his major was in Agricultrual Business. I do recall that my personality is the same as about 6% of the test takers. But that was 13 years ago when I was single, and had no kids.

I wonder if mine has changed and if so, to what....I think I was an E, but I could seriously be an I now.

INTP (today, that is--the T/F and the P/J are prone to changing depending on my mood, I guess)

ISFJ, but also very close to being an INFJ and not far off from being an ISTJ. I'm married to someone who is almost certainly an ISTP. . . we don't give dinner parties, ROTFL!

Our children are a mix -- something like an ENFP, an INTJ, an ESsomethingP (very E), an ISsomethingP, and an EsomethingssomethingJ. My children who seem to be J have been that way since the day they were born. There is a Way the world works, doggone it, and Rules To Follow. The older J child is very easy to school, as long as he knows what to expect. My most E child has also been that way since the very beginning. As a toddler, I'd take him out of the car, and he'd start waving to everyone immediately. The world is this child's oyster, and he, laid back and cheerful, is ready for anything.

Edited by happypamama

INTJ 

I've been on this board since 05 the subject has been brought up many times over the years.    There have been a lot of us.  We are the rare type that I guess gravitate to the idea of total control of our children's education  ;)  We analyze and see solutions.  It drives me crazy even when I go into McDonalds and see it crazy chaos   I stand their in line and can see how to make it work more efficiently LOL  This is just how my brain works

I gravitated to homeschool cause I found public school ineffective, wasteful and majority of the teacher not very bright.   Does that make me sound bitchy? LOL

probably but that's one of the negative our personality we are analytical , and know exactly what to do.  We get judgey when other people can't see it.

So at 47 I'm much better as a people  person but have never really made lady friends except on line.  The ladies IRL would ask me a question like how should I loose weight.  I give them a blunt answer that's the truth.  They don't' want real help just "oh you look just find"  I didn't get it why ask if you really didn't want the help  :001_rolleyes: 

I've been told I think like a man. 

• Like 5

INTJ

Seems like last time this was discussed in this forum, the conclusion was that the INTJ's were disproportionately represented here. Am I remembering that correctly?

• Like 4

INTJ borderline INFJ.

Seasider, I remember that! Intj is a rare personality type, but we had quite a few on this board.

• Like 3

INFP. I sometimes test INFJ, but I think I'm mostly INFP. My oldest took the test recently and is definitely INFJ. 

Another INTJ here. Generally annoyed with small talk, amused by my own sarcasm, and a bit judgy in the presence of idiocy. (INTJs aren't known for their cute and cuddly ways.)

• Like 8

Another INTJ here. Generally annoyed with small talk, amused by my own sarcasm, and a bit judgy in the presence of idiocy. (INTJs aren't known for their cute and cuddly ways.)

Oh, bingo!

• Like 3

INTJ 

I've been on this board since 05 the subject has been brought up many times over the years.    There have been a lot of us.  We are the rare type that I guess gravitate to the idea of total control of our children's education  ;)  We analyze and see solutions.  It drives me crazy even when I go into McDonalds and see it crazy chaos   I stand their in line and can see how to make it work more efficiently LOL  This is just how my brain works

I gravitated to homeschool cause I found public school ineffective, wasteful and majority of the teacher not very bright.   Does that make me sound bitchy? LOL

probably but that's one of the negative our personality we are analytical , and know exactly what to do.  We get judgey when other people can't see it.

So at 47 I'm much better as a people  person but have never really made lady friends except on line.  The ladies IRL would ask me a question like how should I loose weight.  I give them a blunt answer that's the truth.  They don't' want real help just "oh you look just find"  I didn't get it why ask if you really didn't want the help  :001_rolleyes:

No, this doesn't make you sound b@tchy at all. I understand. And even INFJ's get annoyed in some fast-food lines at the utter inefficient insanity, lol. But when we see efficiency, we NOTICE it!

• Like 1

INFJ here. There are a lot of us on the internet but you'll meet very few in real life. I really enjoy INFJ Joe's cartoons about the type. You can find him on Facebook, IG or Twitter. It's a really rare type. I guess the countries with the most of us are New Zealand and South Korea. 

• Like 1

INFP. I like the tests that look at the underlying traits underneath the letters - I find them much more accurate. Like this one.

That's interesting and also says INFP for me.

ENT/FJ

T and F seem to come in as a close tie.

• E – Extraversion preferred to introversion: ENTJs often feel motivated by their interaction with people. They tend to enjoy a wide circle of acquaintances, and they gain energy in social situations (whereas introverts expend energy).[7]
  • N – Intuition preferred to sensing: ENTJs tend to be more abstract than concrete. They focus their attention on the big picture rather than the details, and on future possibilities rather than immediate realities.[8] They tend to focus on the final product rather than the current task.
  • T – Thinking preferred to feeling: ENTJs tend to value objective criteria above personal preference. When making decisions, they generally give more weight to logic than to social considerations.[9]
  • F – Feeling preferred to thinking: ENFJs tend to value personal considerations above objective criteria. When making decisions, they often give more weight to social implications than to logic.[10]
  • J – Judgment preferred to perception: ENTJs tend to plan their activities and make decisions early. They derive a sense of control through predictability, which to perceptive types may seem limiting.[10] ENTJs often try to predict outcomes and plan accordingly.

INTJ 

I had a guy friend (part of a couple my DH and are friends with) tell me that he missed getting together after college because he didn't have me around for guy talk anymore, lol! And for those wondering, it had nothing to do with talking about sports or cars.

I am an INTJ as well, but I am a little soft in some of the areas. Some of that is life rounding things out a bit. I was on the line for a couple of traits when I tested in college, but the tester told me that she really thought INTJ was the best fit. I guess that violates the rules for testers, but I was floundering a bit trying to figure out what to do with myself, and she really felt that my test results were off due to my circumstances. I got into a different major, and she was totally right. By the time I was a few months into a job post-college, I had zero doubts. 

Even though I know we're represented highly on the boards, I still love to see the INTJ responses stack up as a contrast to real life. It makes me happy.

INFJs--when I get to hang out with your type, you are some of my favorite people. Be proud.  :001_wub:

• Like 2

INFJ here. There are a lot of us on the internet but you'll meet very few in real life. I really enjoy INFJ Joe's cartoons about the type. You can find him on Facebook, IG or Twitter. It's a really rare type. I guess the countries with the most of us are New Zealand and South Korea. 

That's interesting..I mean about a lot of INFJ's being in New Zealand and South Korea. I guess it makes sense that you'd see us on the Internet more and not in real life.

The kind that after the 10th question on the quiz, I got bored and decided to go do something else. I have never gotten a consistent result anyway since I lean middle. My kids get introverts the few times they have the patience to do the quizzes but they behave like extroverts.

• Like 1