Menu

I said no more puppies, I said no more puppies ever....

Lizzie in Ma

Oh my goodness, thank you! What a happy video!

A side tangent: I am sharing all of these pics and videos with kids here. I wish you could hear the squeals and excitement. It is perfect timing. We lost our catahoula in Dec, after a fight with lymphoma. Seeing your baby now is just the right thing to move along the healing here, too. Puppies are magic. Even DH was misty eyed at your baby pics! So beautiful. They are wonderful dogs.

I am sorry about your fur baby,  I hate that part of pet parenting.  :grouphug: :grouphug:

• Like 1

Oh, we are in the same boat!  We have had him 2.5 weeks.  I almost gave him away to a nice dog lady last week, but my little guy went into absolute hysterics and I relented.  I dreamed all night about how to get rid of it, but I'm working on acceptance.  It's a lot of work.

It is a lot of work, pretty much why I said no more puppies. ;)

Using the Monks of New Skete book, The Art of Raising a Puppy and we start puppy class next week.  He was up at 6:00, we did outside, the play then breakfast in crate then outside then crate training for 20 minutes and then I tried to just keep him on leash while I hit the computer and he was not happy.  So inspired and a little fed up I plunked him on Jenny's bed and he instantly went to sleep on her head.  He knows who his person is for sure.

• Like 2

Using the Monks of New Skete book, The Art of Raising a Puppy and we start puppy class next week.  He was up at 6:00, we did outside, the play then breakfast in crate then outside then crate training for 20 minutes and then I tried to just keep him on leash while I hit the computer and he was not happy.  So inspired and a little fed up I plunked him on Jenny's bed and he instantly went to sleep on her head.  He knows who his person is for sure.

Can he sleep in a crate in her room? Or even in her bed? I'm not normally a sleep in the bed person for dogs, but in this case...yeah. I'd do it in a heartbeat. When I was dealing with grief over the loss of my older dog, plus pregnancy induced depression I slept with my puppy and it helped. Plus then, she might be the one to get up and take him out :)

SaveSave

Edited by ktgrok
  • Like 1

Aw, that is sweet!  :)

For our two new puppies, we got a puppy playpen that has been so handy. It's nice because I can put them in there when I'm busy with cooking or working at my desk or whatever, and they're right there next to me and not able to roam around and cause mischief. I just ordered two more of them so we will have one for each floor of the house.

• Like 1