Menu

WHA PreAlgebra (M/W)

ScoutTN

Thanks! I wonder why I didn't receive any notification? Maybe because they don't have a teacher for Dd's class yet? Seems like something that WHA should have sent to all registered families.

Sounds great to open a new section of a popular class, except it's not when my kid's class no longer gets that excellent teacher.

• Like 2

It is strange they didn't send you something. Perhaps they are waiting to announce the new teacher.

(We had a communication issue with a different online provider who changed the listed time for a class after we registered and didn't notify us. I just found it this weekend and am not happy. The new time is during another online class that only has one section. The lack of communication is the part that has me upset. If they would have said something earlier, we might have been able to switch to another provider but most of the classes are full, I have already bought textbooks for this provider, and all the early registration deadlines have passed.) Sorry for the hijack and rant.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Update:

Now WHA has a teacher for the class, but he cannot do the original day/time, so they are trying to reschedule.  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

A full refund doesn't get my Dd a live PreAlgebra teacher, though it will pay for Derek Owens' course.  

I love the look of WHA and hoped to have my kids take several classes with them, but my confidence and enthusiasm are waning. This was to be Dd's first experience with live online, for-a-grade classes. Not an auspicious start. 

Sorry for the vent! Just so frustrated. 

• Like 1

Update:

Now WHA has a teacher for the class, but he cannot do the original day/time, so they are trying to reschedule.  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

A full refund doesn't get my Dd a live PreAlgebra teacher, though it will pay for Derek Owens' course.  

I love the look of WHA and hoped to have my kids take several classes with them, but my confidence and enthusiasm are waning. This was to be Dd's first experience with live online, for-a-grade classes. Not an auspicious start. 

I never noticed the change to TBD, but when we signed up it was for the specific teacher.  We didn't receive any notification until the email today. I did contact them, and in the end we chose to take a really sucky time slot in order to keep the teacher we wanted. It is our first class with them as well.  

I totally understand the frustration, classes with other providers are already full at this late date.

Edited by melmichigan
  • Like 1

I can't "like" these updates, but want to say how horrible this is!! Not something WHA is known for, so I hope it is just a one-off. Still, such terrible service!

Thanks!

Feels like bait and switch.

I'm starting Dd on MM 7, but would strongly prefer an actual teacher.

I never noticed the change to TBD, but when we signed up it was for the specific teacher. We didn't receive any notification until the email today. I did contact them, and in the end we chose to take a really sucky time slot in order to keep the teacher we wanted. It is our first class with them as well.

I totally understand the frustration, classes with other providers are already full at this late date.

Glad you still got Eric Reini, even at a bad time.

We can't do any T/Th times.

Yes, other providers are full or aren't a good match in terms of curriculum.

If WHA defaults, we will go with Derek Owens.

According to the latest email you should still be able to have a class at your listed time, whatever that was, just no information on the instructors.

Yes. Seems like lots of unnecessary drama, if they are actually able to do both classes as scheduled. 

Maybe you and I should confer mid-semester to see how it goes? I'll let you know if the new instructor is good and you can tell me if Eric Reini is worth the early class time.  ;)

• Like 2

Yes. Seems like lots of unnecessary drama, if they are actually able to do both classes as scheduled. 

Maybe you and I should confer mid-semester to see how it goes? I'll let you know if the new instructor is good and you can tell me if Eric Reini is worth the early class time.  ;)

I know I'll be ticked if Reini does one of the pre algebra courses at a later time, even on a different day.  We are not morning people.

• Like 2