Menu

Looking for the Vegetarian equivalent of Chicken Noodle Soup

Is there anything comparable for vegetarians?

Thanks.

McKay

How about a stock with lots of garlic and ginger? For the soup itself, I would use carrots, celery, mushrooms, some tofu... Do you have a source of some Chinese or Japenese dumplings (or want to make them yourself?) You could add these to the pot. Flavor the soup with some soy sauce and a bit of sesame oil. Yum!

Thanks for these great suggestions. The recipe looks yummy!

As for miso, would I use red or white miso to make a soup....or doesn't it matter?

Any recipe for vegetarian Chinese dumplings? Particularly, one that you've tried and your family likes?

Thanks.

Any recipe for vegetarian Chinese dumplings? Particularly, one that you've tried and your family likes?

Thanks.

My husband loves Florence Lin's Complete Book of Chinese Noodles, Dumplings and Breads. Writing out the procedure here would be very time consuming, so I recommend that you borrow a couple of library books with recipes. The noodle part of the dumpling is pretty basic (flour and water). There are an infinite number of filling choices. Then there is the methodology of assembly. It looks like a lot of work and it is. My husband and son periodically block out an afternoon to make a large quantity of dumplings which we then freeze. They can be cooked very quickly and make a wonder "fast food" choice with a salad on a busy night.

Hope everyone feels better soon.

Jane