Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Started making the last compost bin. It is the biggest one, 3 metres by 3 metres, just under my height. I got it about 1/4 filled,hard work as I have to Collect all the ingredients, pull the weeds for the green layers, pick up the cow pats, muck out the animal pens( geese, pigeon, chooks)....

2 loads laundry washed, hung out, dried, brought in, still waiting to be folded

Vacuum main living areas

Make huge pot of chicken soup

Egg and bacon pie with salad for tea

Still to do,

Fold laundry,

Clean bathroom

• Like 5

Good morning!

Melissa, too bad I can't send some horse manure your way for the compost bin. We have an endless supply of it!  :laugh:

•refill hummingbird feeder (there have been three of them fighting over the feeder all week - they are so fun to watch)

•go through subscribe and save list for August

•school

•go through bills, see what needs to go out today

•get mail and bank deposits ready to go

•make menu plan (need to get out of the boring rut I'm in)

•make shopping list

•move water trough

•errands (bank, post office, pick up food at vet's)

•grocery shop

•dinner: will pick up something in town

Edited by Selkie
  • Like 5

Good morning! Today is a hangout with dd2 day and hopefully find her a dress.

To do:

pick up dd2 from early practice

have breakfast

do a little shopping

home to rest

general chores

get school books pack up (last year of homeschooling, no more saving "just in case")

pm practice

aikido

Have a great day!

• Like 5

Good morning!

Our swim team's local invitational meet is today and tomorrow. It's going to be a scorcher with heat indexes at 100 this afternoon. We use an outdoor pool, so I'm really dreading the heat. 

Done:

coffee

To Do:

meals

finish house cleaning

laundry

pick up food donations for meet

go to meet

help in concession stand while there

• Like 5

Good morning!

Our swim team's local invitational meet is today and tomorrow. It's going to be a scorcher with heat indexes at 100 this afternoon. We use an outdoor pool, so I'm really dreading the heat. 

Done:

coffee

To Do:

meals

finish house cleaning

laundry

pick up food donations for meet

go to meet

help in concession stand while there

• Like 2

After going to bed around 1am (?), I got up at 4:something and 7:something to see if the fed site is working.  At 7:something it was, so I stayed up.  Got a few things accomplished.  The website is p-a-i-n-f-u-l-l-y slow.  Like I click "next" and if I'm lucky, the next screen appears 10 minutes later.  Or if I'm unlucky, the next screen is some version of "we're sorry, you're outa luck on this website."  I only have one client who seems keen on filing today, thank goodness.  I just hope this crap doesn't continue for the next 2 weeks or longer.  I have other things to do!

• Working at various points overnight, sleeping the rest.
  • Whatever work I could accomplish since 7am.
  • Arrange Saturday morning schedule.
  • Kids have a chiropractor appointment at 12:30, so they need to get ready - should probably go wake Miss Lazy up ....
  • Make a list of work for the girls, since this is a day off for them.
    • Cleaning out the big bird cage and transferring Pikachu into it.
    • Processing laundry.
    • Getting caught up on summer school work / reading.
    • Whatever else I'm forgetting.  Should probably let them chill a little.
  • Call about an erroneous tax issue which I thought I'd already resolved.  :/
  • Will probably resume our Friday eating-out ritual and old TV shows after that.
  • More work.
  • Would love to do some housework - haven't really done any in weeks.  I miss it!  :)
  • A little reading, exercise somewhere in there.
  • Bed at some point??

• Like 6

Amy, our City Meet is this weekend too! We don't have to go today and ours is inside, but the A/C is very limited. i am volunteering mid day tomorrow and Ds swims in the late afternoon/evening. 

Today:

pool with friends

budget/pay bills

school planning

figure out dinner

check off some things for dd's AHG badgework

laundry, always

Dinner is pizza. GF for dd and regular for the rest of us. With promo codes to get 50% off, worth the ease of having dinner show up at my door half an hour from now.  Making a cucumber salad to go with it. Not fancy, but no one will be hungry or complain.  :)

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

Scout, I hope both our sons do well!

My best friend on the board just sent me some pictures of the swim heat sheet. We have one boy on our team that will definitely be first because he is just a beast. He does triathlons. But, ds is second on seed times in a few events. He's never been that high before. Maybe he'll at least get second on some of them. I think that will make him happy! 

• Like 4

Scout, I hope both our sons do well!

My best friend on the board just sent me some pictures of the swim heat sheet. We have one boy on our team that will definitely be first because he is just a beast. He does triathlons. But, ds is second on seed times in a few events. He's never been that high before. Maybe he'll at least get second on some of them. I think that will make him happy! 

Sounds great! I hope he does well!

I have only seen the entries list for our team and not tomorrow's heat sheet. Ds is safely in the middle of the pack for 9-10 yo boys. He likes City Meet because he will swim against boys whose times are very, very close to his so really a good chance to be a heat winner in each event. No chance at all for points or medals for him. But he loves the people, the energy, the activity, the noise, the whole crazy thing. The pool is fast compared to ours, so he will undoubtedly drop time and improve his personal best. I have to be a marshall from noon til 3, during the 7-8's. Long day for me!  

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

We are already home. Ds placed 2nd in each individual event today. The relay team didn't have anyone to compete against. He was looking the best we've ever seen him! He's never come close to a trophy, so I think it will really boost his confidence if he can keep it up tomorrow. 

Scout, hoping tomorrow is a fun day for him and not too hard on you!

• Like 4