Menu

Using Sonlight books with SOTW 1...Please help!

DBR

Hi does anyone happen to have a booklist using Sonlight books aligned with Story of the World vol. 1? This will be my first year using SOTW and i have a lot of books from sonlight. I do have the activity guide so i see some of the book suggestions in there. Just hoping some of the veteran users have made or come across some booklists specifically using sonlight books.

Edited by DBR

This year I have given up ever using SL as written again.  I reorganized all the books into 5 boxes.  SOTW 1, SOTW 2, SOTW 3, SOTW 4, World Cultures/World Geography.  We need to combine and I found myself unnecessarily stressed by using 3-4 cores at one time.  I just wrote the time period on the inside cover of each book and started filling up boxes.  We are doing a 5 year plan.  The 5th year is based on WP Children Around the World/SL Core F.  I have chosen books that fit well with demonstrating cultures for that year.

Hope that helps.

• Like 5

I don't use Sonlight anymore but I have a lot of the books. I was hoping to find a list that is broken up in sections for each grammar, logic, and rhetoric stage for each of the cycles (ancients, medieval/early renaissance, late renaissance/early modern, modern). I am using SOTW as a spine so what I wanted to do was choose from list. Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks for the links! That is exactly what i'm looking for :) I do have some of these books. Hopefully somebody has a more updated version?? Also any hints or tips you can give me with taking this approach will be much appreciated!