Menu

What are your favorite Instant Pot Recipes?

MountainViewHS

big batches of steel cut oats (lasts me five days), pulled pork, chicken to shred for other uses, rices, wild rice, beets, spaghetti squash, beef stew, taters.

By the time the pot heats up, cooks, and cools down enough to open, I am not saving time with the oats...BUT I am not having to hover nearby to stir for 26 mintues they cook in a stovetop pot, so for that along I love my Instant Pot!  We also make various rices several times a week, and it always comes out perfect.

Edited by JFSinIL
  • Like 1

Mac and cheese

8 oz elbow noodles

2 T butter

2 cups chicken broth or water

1/2 tsp mustard powder

Place all in instant pot, stir, put lid on and put to sealing and set manual for 6 minutes on high.

When it beeps do a quick release and check noodles if they are not done add 1-2 more minutes on high.

Do NOT drain noodles but add in

8 oz cheese.... Velveeta or shredded cheese of your favorite varieties

1/4-1/2 cup of evaporated milk or regular milk

Stir until cheese is melted.

• Like 1

Honestly, so far it has been the hard-boiled eggs.  LOL!  

But a second favorite is this Honey Bourbon Chicken: https://onceamonthmeals.com/recipes/instant-pot-honey-bourbon-chicken-traditional-version/

Here is the Instant Pot page of recipes for that site, btw: https://onceamonthmeals.com/recipes/?menu_type%5B0%5D=instant-pot

Have you tried out the paid subscriptions for this site? The free recipes look wonderful.

Pulled pork, cheesecake, shredded chicken, pork and beef roasts... The Instant Pot Community Facebook group is good for finding recipes. I use the Search function rather than following it in my feed, as there is way too much content to keep up with. They also have a lot of links, resources, and files for new Potheads.

Just sent over the request. Thanks!