Menu

What great shows are available in Discovery Education's United Streaming Plus Plan...

oakmom

I did a comparison last year, and here are differences I found:

Aims Multimedia: 858 programs on Plus, 19 on Basic

Clearvue: 388 on Plus, 1 on Basic

PBS: 396 on Plus, 3 on Basic (I think Planet Earth is available on Plus)

Real World Science: 10 on Plus, 0 on Basic

Rabbit Ears, 62 Plus 0 Basic

Weston Woods, 217 Plus, 150 Basic

Goldhil 56 Plus, 0 Basic

Globe Trekker: 45 Plus, 0 Basic

Bill Nye: 8 Plus, 8 Basic

Nest: 20, Plus, 20 Basic

Magic School Bus, 53 Plus, 53 Basic

Horrible Histories, 26 Plus, 0 Basic (Not sure about these numbers)

Obviously, Plus includes way more programs.

But, it doesn't matter because Plus is not available to homeschoolers. I called them just this week. The guy I spoke to was very helpful, and he said they are "working on it." With their price increase to $265/year for Basic, though, I bet Plus is going to be very expensive when and if they do offer it.

I

But, it doesn't matter because Plus is not available to homeschoolers. I called them just this week. The guy I spoke to was very helpful, and he said they are "working on it." With their price increase to $265/year for Basic, though, I bet Plus is going to be very expensive when and if they do offer it.

Like it would be so hard to let us have plus!!:rolleyes:

"working on it", puleeze, you just have to flip a switch or something!

Can you tell I am frustrated to not be able to get the bigger package?

Wow that is a huge, huge chunk of change. I'm surprised that you have the time to watch enough shows to make it worth it. Are you going to do it again next year? It does sound wonderful. We don't have TV or cable b/c of all the brain rotting material and cost. We use Netflix- the 4.95 plan and we watch mostly science and history but it's not always appropriate for kids. We find a lot of Watch Nows for the kids that are great, like a cartoon series on the Reformers. But really, you can't plan a unit study around them like you could with United Streaming.

Don't they realize they'd get tons more business and therefore money if they *reduced* the cost?

United Streaming the first time it was offered through the Homeschool Buyers coop. I have watched it less than a dozen times, yet friends of mine use it daily. I simply can't figure out how to use it daily! I hate tv so much may be part of the problem..

I won't renew it, I feel rather foolish to spent well over $100 for something I so seldom use.

We live in NY and get Media Power Plus for free through the local school but I have found I really don't like watching stuff on my old computer and we cannot burn dvd's. I have found that most videos I want to watch are available through Netflix. Not only do we get educational videos but we can also get stuff just for fun. We are currently watching a History Channel video about Teddy Roosevelt and it has been so nice to be able get it quickly and not have to return it till we are done.

Not monthly. We paid the entire amount up front, and we're on our second year. I am renewing through the Homeschool Buyer's Co-op.

I think it's a terrific deal and will absolutely renew. I'll subscribe to Plus, too when I can.

We use it frequently three times a day (history, science, and Spanish). I also hate TV. The only thing we use our TV for is school. I love the on-demand aspect of United Streaming. Before United Streaming I ran around in circles trying to get educational videos from three different library systems and interlibrary loans. U.S. is endlessly better.

And, Kelli, I think the thing they're "working on" is figuring out is the financing, copyrights, legalities, and broadcasting rights of getting Plus to the homeschoolers, not the mechanics of how to get it to us. :)