Menu

The Hospital Stay Teachers Lounge 7-7-2017

scrapbookbuzz

Good morning, all!

Today's Lounge is brought to you by the local VA hospital where I am currently ensconced sure to an uncertain health issue. Possibly heat related but possibly not.

Anyone else communicating from Le Hospital today?

Anyone else familiar with how LITTLE rest one actually receives in the hospital? Here: I cannot count the number of times I was woken up by medical staff throughout the night last night! 😒

If you have something fun planned today or this weekend, please tell me about it!

Talk to me! :bigear:

Sorry you're in the hospital, and hope they figure out the issue very quickly. 

No hospital visits here today.

Dh and I will be playing tennis with a group of friends tonight, which will be a lot of fun. Tomorrow we have to figure out something fun to do with our 2 exchange students for the day.

Oh no! Hope whatever it is resolves quickly.

Yeah, hospitals put a light outside your door. They monitor your breathing to see when you are falling asleep, then change the light at the door that way the staff knows its time to check on you, lol. At least, that's my theory.

If we finish up some projects early today, we'll probably drive out to the university library and work on a research project we've been doing (part business, part obsession). The baby may or may not come, it's during the summer, on a Friday, so if we find an isolated area on one of the middle floors no one will notice she's there. Hope we get to do this, there is something about libraries that feel like home to me. And I like longterm projects. And after the library, there is a DQ just down the road, so... :)

Wintermom, your mention of tennis made me think of a time when an Army buddy and I played tennis. We were on a double court and neither of us was very good. We kept knocking the ball into the other players' court. When the other duo left, if we knocked the ball over that direction, we'd just run over to that court and play. We had a blast AND we were so tired the next day!

• Like 1

Oh, no Scrap. I hope things workout ok for you.

I agree that hospitals are terrible places to try to rest. When I was pregnant with my oldest, all those busy body mom's told me to put my baby in the nursery so that I could get my last good night's sleep. Bwaa Ha Ha. Yeah right. Not only was I awakened every 90 minutes, the nursery staff gave d's a bottle despite my instructions not to. I would have kept him with me had I known.

I had many nights in the hospital with my mom and I could not understand how they expected anyone to get better. Could they have at least coordinated housekeeping with nurse checks? I think I slept an hour at a time in that chair.

ETA: posted too soon. No big plans this weekend. Getting my hair trimmed tomorrow. Will probably do some shopping to make sure I have some OK clothes for our trip for dd's competition. T minus 5 days to Nationals. She seems to have found some more motivation this week ... which is supposed to be a taper week.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Edited by dirty ethel rackham

Oh no, I hope you are feeling better soon, Scrap!!

Praying for you!

My mom is getting out of rehab today after having intestinal surgery in June. I know she will rest SO much better at home! Rehab is not as bad as the hospital, but the lights, beeping noises and constant awareness of other people prevents really relaxed sleep, imo.

It is now non and I'm waiting for my personal vampire (nurse, phlebotomist, whomever) to come do the High Noon Vampire Tea (scheduled bood work up).Once those results are in, I might get to go home. Which will be nice because there is currently a patient who "can't nobody make happy" and I'd like to not listen to his rantings all day.

• Like 3

Was discharged around 3:30pm. Stopped by the grocery store at 4pm. I'm showered and contemplating a light

dinner now that it's about 5pm. The dx is they think it's a recurrence of stress/anxiety issues I had back in 2014.

I REALLY need to re-visit eating strictly paleo. I know how much better I felt when I did that.

• Like 6

Was discharged around 3:30pm. Stopped by the grocery store at 4pm. I'm showered and contemplating a light

dinner now that it's about 5pm. The dx is they think it's a recurrence of stress/anxiety issues I had back in 2014.

I REALLY need to re-visit eating strictly paleo. I know how much better I felt when I did that.

I hope you can rest at home, Scrap, and feel better soon. Praying for peace for you. 

• Like 2