Menu

What's with the ads?

PinkTulip

Please pray for my husband today

My husband has a job interview today, and I would really appreciate any prayers / positive thoughts / etc. on his behalf.

I posted about this earlier, but he is losing his client that represents about 80% of our income. The client has asked him to do something that is unethical / borderline illegal, and DH has refused (and rightly so!).

If this new job doesn't come through, we will put our house up for sale in the next 2 weeks and move into a rental. I really don't want to have to do that, but will do whatever it takes to keep things going.

• Like 14

I will be praying. I really respect the integrity of your husband.  We've been in a somewhat similar situation and I appreciate the stress involved.  May God reward that integrity!!

• Like 1

Lifting you up in prayer. 

I was in a situation like this years ago (I was not the bread-winner), but I had to quit a job that I loved because I learned of unethical behavior of my boss, and she asked me to lie on her behalf. God has blessed me beyond measure since I walked away. It was not alwasy easy, but the blessings are bountiful.

Praying for your husband and family. As difficult as it is now, just remember that it is far better than putting himself at risk for legal repercussions. I'm sorry his client has put him in such a terrible position.

prayers and best wishes on his interview.

would it work to rent out your house-  and rent something that is less so you are still making money on the deal?   that way you wouldn't lose any potential equity.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and support. DH & I spent most of the morning reviewing the bios of the team he would be working with, and practicing interview questions and answers. His interview starts right now and I'm trying to distract myself a little by coming here. I think in a minute, I'll go target an area to declutter in case we do need to move. In my mind, it's all about controlling the things I have control over, so that's one thing I can do today.

would it work to rent out your house- and rent something that is less so you are still making money on the deal? that way you wouldn't lose any potential equity.

Renting out our house would probably be much harder than selling it, given our current market. We intended to move in about 4 years anyway, to downsize once the kids are through high school. We would probably just move up that timeline by renting for a year while we get back on our feet and then buy something smaller / less expensive than what we currently have.

• Like 9

How did it go? When will he find out? :)

He felt really good about it, so I am cautiously optimistic. He met with 10 people, all of them together in a conference room, all asking him questions about his experience, how he would handle ..., etc. The manager will poll the team members individually to get a thumbs up or down from everyone, and then from there it would need to go through two more layers of approval before being hired. DH was told it would be about a week before getting the thumbs up/down, and then 4-8 weeks from there to go up the chain.

So, we are figuring out our options right now. He is still vigorously pursuing other job leads, and we are trying to decide if we should sell our house and consolidate everything, or maybe take out a HELOC to get us through Aug. and possibly Sept. I hate the thought of taking out a loan, but I also hate the idea of moving if everything is going to work out in 2-3 months. Ugh! Adulting is hard!

• Like 8

Oh it sounds like it went well. I hope he is a good fit for the team! And I don't envy you the back and forth financially, it's super stressful to have no clear path forward. HELOCs can be a good choice but not for every circumstance. Ugh!