Menu

ACT scores back with a section of no score reported...

Question: Has anyone ever gotten ACT scores back with a section having NO score reported.  A friend's daughter just took it in June and her score report only shows a score for Math, English, and Reading. She only has asterisks where her Science score should be and therefore she did not receive a composite score either. She did take the science section of the test. She sent a letter to ACT already, requesting an explanation, but just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if they know why?

I wonder if there was a problem with testing conditions so that they threw out all of the science scores from that room, for instance?  We had that happen once with an SAT subject test--the proctor screwed up the timing, and the College Board, in its infinite wisdom, threw out the entire test.  We just got a "no score" report and had to spend a lot of time on the phone with the CB to figure out what the problem was.  Does your friend's daughter know anyone else who was in the testing room with her?

• Like 1

She didn't know there was a way to call.  Only had an address.  I passed info along.  Thanks.

Phone (319) 337-1270 M-F 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (Central Time) + Test Weekends

DD had a major problem at the testing center one time. Again, they are easy to work with and super nice.  We had a problem with the SAT once (they lost her scores altogether) and it was so horrible to deal with their customer service that I have considered having my younger ones only take the ACT.  

I wonder if there was a problem with testing conditions so that they threw out all of the science scores from that room, for instance?  We had that happen once with an SAT subject test--the proctor screwed up the timing, and the College Board, in its infinite wisdom, threw out the entire test.  We just got a "no score" report and had to spend a lot of time on the phone with the CB to figure out what the problem was.  Does your friend's daughter know anyone else who was in the testing room with her?

I just heard about that happening with a recent ACT (it was just a blurb on the radio, so I don't have any details) - the tables weren't big enough, so the test-takers were sitting too close together. They threw out the whole thing.