Menu

Teaching Textbooks questions--for those who are happy with it

I know TT isn't well loved here, but for those who have been happy with it, do you use it on level or ahead? And what math do you use before TT3? Dd7 has finished MM 1 and seems ready for TT3. Dd6 is starting 1st grade in August. Not sure what I should start her with. We already own MM, Miquon, and R&S Math Grades 1 and 2. With 5 kids ages 7 and under, I'm looking to simplify. 😉 Thanks!

• Like 1

I really, really like teaching textbooks. I did the placement tests which put three of the kids into one grade level ahead and one (who I knew was not doing well in math after a couple years in a supposedly fantastic public school) into a grade level behind. So far it seems right with the one who placed behind being able to do multiple lessons a day to catch up.

Wanted to add that we used them for the kids were in public school as well and liked them then too.

Edited by airforcefamily
  • Like 3

We didn't start using TT until a couple years ago.  We used Abeka until then, which I really liked for younger grades.  I used the placements tests to determine where to start them.  I am not sure if they would be considered ahead or what.  My 7th grader will be using pre-algebra, 9th grader Geometry (he did Algebra 1 last year), and my 12th grader is going to do pre-calculus.

DS12 uses it after ceasing MM.  He uses it on grade level.  He loves it compared to MM which ended up driving him a bit crazy after using it for 4 years.  I never understand the negative reviews about the program - it seems good enough to me.

• Like 1