Menu

Surprisingly good customer service

Pegasus

Have you ever had a customer service experience that surprised you, in a good way?

DH and I bought a recliner from the clearance section of a furniture store.  It was clearly marked "as is" so we knew we were taking a risk.  However, it was less expensive, by far, than anything else we had looked at new, and we were leery of going used due to the possibility of bed bugs.

The chair worked fine for about 8 months and then something broke with the reclining mechanism.  I figured "oh well" but DH wanted to call the furniture store.  I reminded him that we had bought "as is" so not to expect much of a response from the store.  When he called, the store rep commented that we hadn't even had the chair for a year and that they would send a repair tech out.  The tech fixed the chair and we were not charged anything.

I'm still surprised by this service but the store now has a very good chance of receiving our next furniture purchase!

• Like 5

That is wonderful!!

Sometimes ASIS still comes with a warranty and sometimes it doesn't.  Sounds like the ASIS was due to something superficial and you were still protected!  I am glad you at least contacted the company to give them the chance to make it right.

My recent good experience was Amazon.

I bought dd18 a $150 LED light for her terrarium for Christmas, on Amazon, Black Friday weekend.  After 2 days of use it stopped working. I contacted Amazon who sent us a free replacement and we sent the bad light back to them.  

Last week....The replacement light stopped working. 

I first called the manufacturer because it had a 5 year warranty and it wasn't even 6 months.  After several days of emails, and having to send photographs of  printed out  Amazon receipts (they wouldn't take it in cut/paste digital format), there were willing to replace it if i sent it back to them at my cost.  I knew it was going to be expensive to ship back to them, so I decided to contact Amazon first.  Within a few minutes of a Chat session, they were willing to send us another one for free and they paid the shipping too!  

When I shipped back the bad light a few days ago at a mailing center, I asked how much it would have cost to mail it myself. It is a long, odd shaped box. The estimate was $40!  Thank you Amazon!!!!

• Like 2

Amazon has spoiled me and now I'm shocked when I don't receive excellent customer service.

USAA has been amazing for customer service.