Menu

What notebook am I thinking of?

I'm brainstorming notebooks for this year.  In my head is a combination of a main lesson book and bullet journal for students. Kind of like a Beautiful Feet notebook, but for all content subjects.  I want simplicity above all. Maybe a place for drawings, maps, diagrams, lists, narrations, maybe timelines, glossaries, maybe even English exercises.....and maybe a place to list books read for the year.  Maybe a bullet journal index so that we can just use the next page instead of having sections.

Does this even make sense?  Does anything like this exist, or at least an example of someone's? 

I use a sketch book for my kids lesson books. Anything I tell them to put in their book, they just go to the next blank page and there we are. Putting an index on the first page or two would not be a problem.

I got the cheapest ones I could find at target for a while, but when this pile runs out, I'm going to spring for nicer ones. Just because the binding falls apart. The paper is great. We can even get away with water color, but they usually use colored pencils, pens and pencils.

I use a sketch book for my kids lesson books. Anything I tell them to put in their book, they just go to the next blank page and there we are. Putting an index on the first page or two would not be a problem.

I got the cheapest ones I could find at target for a while, but when this pile runs out, I'm going to spring for nicer ones. Just because the binding falls apart. The paper is great. We can even get away with water color, but they usually use colored pencils, pens and pencils.

What size? And what about lines for writing vs. blank pages? Do you handle it like a true MLB where everything is final draft quality?

What size? And what about lines for writing vs. blank pages? Do you handle it like a true MLB where everything is final draft quality?

Unlined, regular paper sized. I do not have them do rough drafts before putting it in the book.

I use a botany book. Spiral bound, A4. Blank on one side, ruled on the other. We do most of our work in it, similar to a bullet journal yes. I put lists in the front. I love it actually.

Can you link please? My googles are all turning up Apologia notebooking WBs :laugh:

I like the funschooling journals. They have a couple for recording work for all subjects called the 12 subject portfolio or the 10 subject portfolio.   You can find them in the age 13 plus part on funschoolingbooks dot com.

I personally like the delight directed journals though we don't use them fully delight directed, but I adapt them for classical ed in a way that works well for mine.  You might look and see if those could work for you. They are just fun and include nature study pages and all kinds of things. But they are basically open ended notebook pages to pair with whatever you like. My artsy 7th grader absolutely loved hers this year.  The new high school handbook is on a good sale right now and is just blank pages for recording the different subjects too. The Charlotte Mason one includes art study and a timeline. The others have plenty of room for putting a timeline on in the reading or history sections.