Menu

What's with the ads?

RoughCollie

Son at ER - please pray. FINAL update in OP

Do you have support for when he is released? The friend I spoke of--he stayed with us during the day sometimes while his parents and siblings were at school/work. He couldn't be alone.

Thank you for your prayers.

Yes, we have support. My DS has been severely depressed for a decade, and we have been through this before.

• Like 3

Thank you for the update. Ten years -- I can't begin to imagine such a long term struggle. Hoping for the best possible outcome in the circumstances.

• Like 4

I'm glad to hear he's settled and gets to keep his kindle. :grouphug:

I guess with his three talkative siblings there, the nurse wanted to avoid hearing about how DS must have his Kindle. Because they took it away -- no electronics. We brought him some books.

• Like 2

I'm glad for a good report. I hope for better days in the near future. Still keeping your family in my heart.

• Like 2

Thank you for the update.  I'm so glad that your ds is doing better.

Prayers continuing.

• Like 1

I am so glad you got SLEEP.  It is so important.  And I am thankful for you that this place is a good place.

• Like 1

I'm proud of him for realizing he needed help and for being willing to accept it. Prayers for him and your whole family as you navigate this.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update.  So happy to hear he is doing better and you were able to get some rest.  Still praying :grouphug:

• Like 1

Thank you for the encouraging update -- I'm so glad your ds realizes he needs help and that he needs to be in the hospital. I'm very relieved to hear that it sounds like a nice facility.

I'll bet you're right that you were able to sleep because you'd seen the place for yourself and feel your son is safe there. You must be exhausted! :grouphug:

• Like 1

I'm still praying.

(((RC)))

I'm not surprised you crashed so hard. You might have been running on adrenaline and then your body was just done.

• Like 1

RC I am remembering your son in my prayers, and have to say I am also thankful that you have the liberty of getting some much needed rest while others are on watch. Also, I want to say your other kids sound awesome. You are all mighty blessings to one another. Praying for your dh, too.

• Like 1

FINAL UPDATE:  DS is home!! He feels better mentally, even when compared to how he feels a day after he has electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)!  The doc added Lithium to help his antidepressant medication. I hope it continues to work because he is now at a 7 on an increasing scale of depression instead of a 9 (after ECT). Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts. We all really appreciate you!

• Like 14

Thank you for the positive update, RC! :hurray:

Still praying for continued, consistent, and long term improvement.

• Like 1