Menu

Son at ER - please pray. FINAL update in OP

RoughCollie

I'm glad to hear he's settled and gets to keep his kindle. :grouphug:

I guess with his three talkative siblings there, the nurse wanted to avoid hearing about how DS must have his Kindle. Because they took it away -- no electronics. We brought him some books.

• Like 2

I'm proud of him for realizing he needed help and for being willing to accept it. Prayers for him and your whole family as you navigate this.

Thank you for the encouraging update -- I'm so glad your ds realizes he needs help and that he needs to be in the hospital. I'm very relieved to hear that it sounds like a nice facility.

I'll bet you're right that you were able to sleep because you'd seen the place for yourself and feel your son is safe there. You must be exhausted! :grouphug:

• Like 1

RC I am remembering your son in my prayers, and have to say I am also thankful that you have the liberty of getting some much needed rest while others are on watch. Also, I want to say your other kids sound awesome. You are all mighty blessings to one another. Praying for your dh, too.

• Like 1

FINAL UPDATE:  DS is home!! He feels better mentally, even when compared to how he feels a day after he has electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)!  The doc added Lithium to help his antidepressant medication. I hope it continues to work because he is now at a 7 on an increasing scale of depression instead of a 9 (after ECT). Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts. We all really appreciate you!

• Like 12