Menu

Son at ER - please pray. FINAL update in OP

RoughCollie

Just wondering if there's any chance your son might be able to access a ketamine trial? I've heard that there are some pretty decent results with patients who are otherwise treatment resistant.

He has tried and been rejected because he hasn't tried to commit suicide.

He has been having electroconvulsive therapy for nearly 1.5 years. So far, that has brought him up to having suicidal thoughts daily, but not actively considering doing it.

For several months he's been going once every 2 weeks instead of weekly. He's gotten worse since then.

Edited by RoughCollie
  • Like 1

Saw your update (in the first post and your last one prior to this). I'm hoping they can do something.  Being a parent is not for the faint of heart.  Sending more prayers and best wishes to y'all.   :grouphug:

How's your dh and other boys?  How are you doing?

• Like 1

I know you're worried about your son and your husband, but please try not to neglect your own health, RC.

Thank you. I'm fine. DH has gone to bed.

The kids are on their way home. Hospital won't let them accompany DS to his room b/c it is a locked ward. Nurse has DS's backpack with Kindle, phone, and laptop. I hope they let him keep that stuff, especially his Kindle. I think he'd rather have the kindle than the phone b/c it isn't a smart phone.

• Like 3

You and yours continue to be under the "Hive Umbrella,' which encompasses every prayer, good thought, well wish, and everything else, that we can communally send your way!

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  and Love from all of us.

We are  "One In Spirit," with YOU!

• Like 3

I'm so sorry. I just prayed for your family. We had friends at church who who went through this with a son, and he is doing better now. It was a long road, but he is ok right now. I am praying your family will soon see light at the end of the tunnel, and your son will have healing. 

Do you have support for when he is released? The friend I spoke of--he stayed with us during the day sometimes while his parents and siblings were at school/work. He couldn't be alone. I am praying for support for your family as you recover from this.

Edited by stephensgirls
  • Like 3

Do you have support for when he is released? The friend I spoke of--he stayed with us during the day sometimes while his parents and siblings were at school/work. He couldn't be alone.

Thank you for your prayers.

Yes, we have support. My DS has been severely depressed for a decade, and we have been through this before.

• Like 3