Menu

S/O Conspiracies

Word Nerd

Apparently a NASA spokesman had to issue a statement denying that there are colonies of kidnapped child slaves on Mars because that's the latest conspiracy being pushed by Alex Jones. I wonder how many of the people who believe there is interplanetary child trafficking also believe the moon landing was a hoax.

Http://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/07/01/no-alex-jones-nasa-is-not-hiding-kidnapped-children-on-mars-nasa-says/

This is the kind of stupid I simply can not handle well!

I guess this would be a conspiracy that the flat earthers aren't going for! Although, what they might believe is that NASA is covering for throwing a bunch of children off the earth from one of those infamous ice barriers.

I wonder if I could get rich making designer tin foil hats and other memorabilia for real a times and friends of conspiracy theorists. (What to get your flat earthers for Christmas? Try our tin foil hat with battery operated LED red and green lights, ice barrier rims, and reindeer falling off the precipice.)

:D

• Like 4

So this was a very interesting article about conspiracy theories. One of the points made was that 'debunking' these things in the mainstream press actually fed the conspiracy theory.  It's so entertaining, I get it, but it is incredible the number of news outlets that have run such a ridiculous story. 

https://medium.com/hci-design-at-uw/information-wars-a-window-into-the-alternative-media-ecosystem-a1347f32fd8f

Apparently a NASA spokesman had to issue a statement denying that there are colonies of kidnapped child slaves on Mars because that's the latest conspiracy being pushed by Alex Jones. I wonder how many of the people who believe there is interplanetary child trafficking also believe the moon landing was a hoax.

Http://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/07/01/no-alex-jones-nasa-is-not-hiding-kidnapped-children-on-mars-nasa-says/

I know someone via DH who has been babbling about this. Now I know the source. Not surprised.

You know what?  I'm seriously thinking of making some of these things up to provide some decent income... I'd been wondering for a while what I want to do when I grow up and youngest is now a senior in college so I need to make up my mind before next year is over.  This one will be incredibly easy and seems like it will pay off handsomely.

A fool and his money... or Darwin in action... whichever saying one would want to use.

I just gotta get over my ethical dilemma with it knowing how gullible people sometimes actually act on some things and those actions can hurt the rest of us.

• Like 2