Menu

Well Trained Bodies (Diet & Exercise) - July 2017

Faith---I'm so sorry to hear about your fall! That stinks. Glad that you are better enough today to do some movement. 

It's so inspiring to see you focusing on things other than the scale. I think the short term gain of energy is a great reward!

• Like 1

Today, I hope to get in strength training, but it's my day to cook for everyone here on vacation. I spent part of the day shopping. I think I'll do all the meal prep I can, then exercise, then cook. 

So far, so good with the Oreos sitting out. (They are not mine to move. And there are plans afoot to bake brownies. Oh dear.) 

Edited by Laurie4b
  • Like 3

FaithManor - I totally understand having a training "buddy" making things look a little too easy. I shared a lane in the pool today with a man in great shape for swimming. I can swim fast, due to my competitive swimming background, but I don't swim long distance these days. In order to keep up with my lane "buddy" I swam 100m "sprint" intervals - sprint only in the sense that it was my fastest pace for 4 laps at this point in my life.  :laugh:  This way, I could justify long rests in between the 100m.  I just returned from taking my ds to the dentist. I fell asleep sitting in the waiting room I was so tired from the swim!  :lol:

• Like 2

Did a cycling class again today. It doesn't hurt my sprained ankle at all, which is great. I think I need to start easing into walking again, to slowly strengthen it enough to start hiking and running again. I want to be able to run again by the time the weather is cooling off this fall. Winter is the best season for running here! (You can hardly call it "winter" actually.)

I'm still sore from my weight workout on Saturday. I'm planning to do weights tomorrow though I may have to take it a bit easy.

• Like 2

reading, no brain power to respond, camp along with getting over being sick, and my period are kicking my butt.

Too many kids!!! For this, will restructure next year, for sure. Gah, that probably makes no sense. I've had 13 kids for camp, which is really too small for the space, most of the kids are great but a few, oh vey, a couple of kids can really change the mood.

Edited by soror