Menu

Children's books to keep?

school17777

I am still gathering things for our yardsale tomorrow. I have a couple boxes of books to go through - baby books, pictures, readers. A lot of the baby books, the heavy cardboard kind, are taped together because they were so well read to mostly my twins. That makes them hard to get rid of as I am sure no one would want to buy them and my kids would probably rather get new ones when they have kids. So what do I do woth them?

I am guess I am answering my question- the taped books have no monetary value. Right now, it's sentimental value on my part. It's still hard to get rid of them.

Assuming you have the space, I would save just a couple each for them - stick them on a shelf or in a saving box (my kids each have a trunk with special things to be saved). And then when they grow up, they can keep them or toss them as desired. And that way you did your duty by future nostalgia, but can jettison unneeded stuff.

• Like 1

Save the sentimental stuff and sell the rest.

It's not like children's books are going to sell for a lot of money anyway, so if you err on the side of keeping more than perhaps you should, it's not a big deal. It would be a much bigger deal to sell a book for a quarter and always wish you had kept it because it brought back so many fond memories for you.

• Like 1

I didn't even have time to come back after I posted to see what you guys would go. Middle dd brought up the two boxes that I had left are going through the books for garage sales in the past and we went through them together and pared down to one small box. I may have made a $1 or $2 from the books that I put out and I will donate or toss the rest.