Menu

Exhausted every day?

meganrussell

I just want confirmation that this is normal for a homeschooling mom. My kids are 14, 12, 9, 7 and almost 5. We start school at 8 am every morning. After doing the morning work with everyone, doing Kindergarten, 1st grade and helping the 4th grader, I'm exhausted. Mentally and physically. I have to sit down and zone out for a while, eating lunch or reading. By about 2:00 I'm pooped! I get my energy back about 4-5 ish. Is this normal?

• Like 2

I think it's in the realm of normal.  You are in the thick of it, and need afternoon quiet time for all.  You are getting a lot done everyday though, wow!  Go, mama!

It's always a good idea to get checked though - glucose, iron, thyroid.

I do wake up around 5 every morning, but I'm in bed by 9, 9:30 each night. So I'm getting at least 8 hours of sleep.

Some days are worse than others, but by nighttime, I'm so ready for bed it's not funny!

I have never had that many kids, but I say it is probably normal.  At one point in my life, about 4 years ago, I was having crashing fatique episodes every day about noon.  It was bad.  That is when my Vit D was checked and it was a 19 or some such.  So now when I feel that way I boost up my Vit D and I make sure to get plenty of sunshine.

Normal here too. For me it is Iron levels that I struggle to keep up.

It is not good when me the teacher falls asleep while reading the science lesson to ds. I think he sits there a while to see if I will wake up then either wonders off to play on the computer or starts laughing and wakes me up with his laughter.

It could just be the season of life. However if you feel like your tiredness is causing you to zone out, feel like you have a fish bowl over your head, make mistakes or not be able to focus on conversations/tasks, then get your vitamin D checked.

I had those exact symptoms and was exhausted like you. My PCP ran a blood test when I told her my troubles. Yep. Vitamin D was too low. She put me on 12 weeks of each day taking a vitamin D pill (prescription).

By the end I was like a new person. DH was amazed. I felt great! I maintained that with daily vitamin D chews.