Menu

Trying to remember a book...

happi duck

Okay book sleuths, I know this is a long shot but...

In 2014 (I think) I heard a book review on NPR. All I remember is that the book in question was written in such a unique fashion that it was challenging to read. (I don't remember what made it challenging.)

Yep, that's all I got!

So does anyone remember a difficult read from 2014 (ish)?

Might it be S. (Ship of Theseus)  by J. J. Abrams?  It came out in 2013.

"The chronicle of two readers finding each other, and their deadly struggle with forces beyond their understanding--all within the margins of a book conceived by Star Wars: The Force Awakens director J.J. Abrams and written by award-winning novelist Doug Dorst.

The book: Ship of Theseus, the final novel by a prolific but enigmatic writer named V.M. Straka, in which a man with no past is shanghaied onto a strange ship with a monstrous crew and launched onto a disorienting and perilous journey.

The writer: Straka, the incendiary and secretive subject of one of the world's greatest mysteries, a revolutionary about whom the world knows nothing apart from the words he wrote and the rumors that swirl around him.

The readers: Jennifer and Eric, a college senior and a disgraced grad student, both facing crucial decisions about who they are, who they might become, and how much they're willing to trust another person with their passions, hurts, and fears.

S. contains 22 inserts and will be delivered in a sealed slipcase."

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 2

Thanks for all the leads! I'll update if I find *the one*!

I don't remember anything about the title or author so I'll be looking up the NPR reviews.

It's so silly that I can remember sitting in the car listening to the review but can't remember enough information. I was positive I'd remember!

Thanks again!