Menu

Things to do around La Crosse WI?

Nemom

We will be in the area for a few days in a couple of weeks.

I would really like to go Zip Lining and rafting.  Is there anywhere close to La Crosse where we can do this??

What else would you recommend with older teenagers?

Thanks

We lived their when our kids were tiny so I don't know many teen things.  The 2nd showing movie theatre is amazing it old and beautiful and serves a full dinner menu that is actually good.

http://www.rivoli.net/

Unfortunately, we are a gluten free family so eating out will not be on our list of fun things to do.   :closedeyes:

You might want to see if People's Food Co-op/Hackberry's Bistro might work food wise. I know they do GF options, but if we're talking celiac then you might want to check with them in advance.

There's also a LaCrosse Celiac group that has restaurant listings on their website that you might find helpful - http://www.lacrosseareaceliacs.org/la-crosse-area-gluten-free-menu-restaurants.php

Unfortunately, when I live in the LaCrosse area my oldest was a little kid so all of my ideas of what to do in the area won't work for teens.

• Like 1

I grew up near La Crosse. There are lots of small rivers nearby for tubing, not sure what kind of rafting you mean. Since I'm now in the PNW, I think of whitewater rafting, and that is not available there. But of course being right by the Mississippi River, you could go canoeing, boating, jet skiing, paddle boarding, swimming, etc. I'm sure there are lots of rental places.

There is a long bike trail in the area that can also be used for walking. Grandad's Bluff is also popular for a good view and picnic and a bit of hiking.

There are at least two great ice cream places in La Crosse. One is right downtown, just across from the beautiful Riverfront Park. The other is in a residential neighborhood not too far from the university. I can't recall the name of either right now, but both make their own ice cream and candy.