Menu

Hardy sink and counters?

Danestress

I am going to have the floor and counters replaced in the laundry room. It's a smallish one. We have a sink, and it gets USED. My husband mixes and paints with his own oil paints. I am a binge DIYer. We can not have a sink or counter that is delicate. Both will have to be scrubbed - sometimes with abrasives.

Any ideas in what I could look for? The sink is currently set in a cabinet.

Edited by Danestress

a non-porous stone. porcelain can be very sturdy and is non-porous - and comes in 24" tiles to minimize grout lines.

i'd do a stainless sink.  there's a reason that's what they do in chem labs and art studios.

Don't get porcelain for a utility sink that will have a lot of demands made on it.  I screwed mine up cleaning my paintbrushes with a wire brush.  They are great in that the don't stain, but you know what I would do?  I would get either a good quality stainless that you don't mind if it gets a bit beat up with scratches and so on, OR I would get a cheap plastic standard size that I could replace every few years when it was beyond disgusting.