Menu

How much time does AG take per day?

Hi Friend, I have to get my copy back out to use it for my second daughter. We will be going on "round 2" of the book for the 2017-2018 school year.  From what I remember, the lessons were longer at the beginning of the week when introducing a new concept, but then faster as we worked on the follow up work. I think it was probably 20 - 30 minutes. Depending on your schedule of completing the book in 1 year, 2 years, or 3 years -- you also have some weeks "off" to focus just on lit and composition.

I will try to take a look this weekend. It has been a couple years since I taught the AG. I am still finishing the course descriptions from this last school year. So, I 'm not in planning mode yet.... But I need to look at it anyway for my next daughter. :)

• Like 1

We use it for 3 years 6th-8th grade. Takes maybe 30-60 minutes per day. Depends on if there is sentence diagramming that day. Most days have diagramming/sentence parsing and those do take longer. My ds finished in probably 30 min - my dd closer to an hour. Ds followed it and did one 'lesson' per week, as per instructed, and then had much time for the Reinforcement lessons latter 1/2 the year. DD took nearly the whole year to complete, as we took our time and stretched it out and sometimes took 2 days to complete one portion of the lesson.

• Like 1