Menu

Ugh. I'm sick.

Murphy101

I woke up Tuesday feeling like poop. Sore throat. Horrid ear pain. Headache. No fever. No tissue issues.

dr said I had horrible allergies. Cobblestone throat. Lungs clear. Take Flonase. Okay. Did that. It helped a tiny bit. But mostly I was still really miserable. Whatever I'll keep taking it and see if it helps more after a week.

This morning I woke up at about 4 am with neck pain bc the lymph nodes on either side of my neck are visibly swollen and are so hard they are tender to the touch and it's painful to turn my neck. I'm trying to tolerate a heating pad around my neck but it doesn't seem to be helping.

So back to the dr. Dammit.

This is the one week out of the entire year when it's just me and the youngest two kids. We were going to go to the movies and parks and all kinds of special just us fun stuff.

Edited by Murphy101
  • Like 1

I've been in a similar boat. I woke up Sunday sick, sore throat and horrible fatigue. Dh and I were supposed to leave on our first couples only vacation since having kids :( We had to change our plans. I finally felt better Wed and we did a big hike on a day trip, today we are going to try and do another day trip. We're trying to make the most of it but the timing could not have been worse. I've still got a lot of phlegm, runny nose, and sporadic cough, but my energy level has improved.

On the movies, it is not the same but maybe you could rent some? We've watched a lot of movies this week just because when you don't feel like moving there isn't much else to do. Best wishes, get well soon!

• Like 1

I'm sorry.  Sounds like the first couple days of when I got the flu four weeks ago tomorrow.  The severe swollen glands are finally going down (on my second course of antibiotics).  This has been a really rough illness and of course I was diagnosed with mild pneumonia the day my husband left on a business trip (he gets back today).