Jump to content


What type of professional to install shower?


Recommended Posts

We need our shower stall replaced in our master bath. It has old tile that had been covered with some kind resurfacing that is peeling.


I just want one of those plastic boxes to replace it. Not ready for a major remodel, tile and grout etc. I see a variety of these shower surround kits sold in Home Depot and Lowes. What type of professional do I call to install one of those? I think Home Depot installs but their installation always seems really expensive.


I know tile is nicer but we are just not ready for a major remodel right now and I'm not sure what we even would want. But one of those plastic shower kits would make me happy for awhile. It would be a big upgrade cosmetically.


Any advice? We used to have a good general handyman but we don't have any go- to guys right now for stuff around the house. I am not even sure who to call.


Home improvement is stressful when you are clueless!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...