Menu

Putting makeup on in public

Moxie

Seems like manufactured outrage. What a waste of effort.

To me the sign shown is clearly about taking up space.

A cabbie asking that makeup be put away? I'm guessing they had experience with wasting time cleaning up spilled makeup.

Someone looked at you funny for baking? Maybe they had no idea what you were doing and were curious. It's rude to stare but you can probably understand why someone might wonder what you're doing.

• Like 2

What I hate is people spraying perfume on in public!  My son has severe allergies and perfume is one of the triggers.  Last time we were on a plane, the women next to us reapplied her make-up mid-flight and then sprayed her perfume!   We had to request a change of seats which meant the flight attendants requesting passengers to switch with us!   No apology but eye-rolling from the women!

• Like 1

Somebody once publicly corrected me for taking my 6 month out in his stroller without shoes on (in the middle of summer). But I really doubt that baby toe policing is "a thing".

I think there actually is a "thing" about bare baby toes. My first could not stand shoes or socks, and would always get out of them. I was scolded, reminded, judged, etc maybe 20 times for having my baby out in public barefoot. This was all from older people in the Midwest.

Not that I care.

• Like 1

What I hate is people spraying perfume on in public!  My son has severe allergies and perfume is one of the triggers.  Last time we were on a plane, the women next to us reapplied her make-up mid-flight and then sprayed her perfume!   We had to request a change of seats which meant the flight attendants requesting passengers to switch with us!   No apology but eye-rolling from the women!

Now perfumes are a MASSIVE Migraine trigger for me. Spray perfume next to me on a plane and I'll be vomitting on you shortly.