Menu

less than 10 pounds to goal

SparklyUnicorn

Great job! Could you share your secret to success?

very low carb

I have to emphasize "very" because I've eaten low carb for years (like 20 years).  But for me to lose weight I had to go lower than I usually did.  Between 20-40 grams per day. 

I did exercise, but I started exercising nearly 6 months before lowering my carbs and didn't lose anything. 

• Like 4

very low carb

I have to emphasize "very" because I've eaten low carb for years (like 20 years).  But for me to lose weight I had to go lower than I usually did.  Between 20-40 grams per day

I did exercise, but I started exercising nearly 6 months before lowering my carbs and didn't lose anything. 

Dang!  That is low.

Good for you! 

40# is a lot of self-discipline.  :hurray:

• Like 1

very low carb

I have to emphasize "very" because I've eaten low carb for years (like 20 years). But for me to lose weight I had to go lower than I usually did. Between 20-40 grams per day.

Pretty sure I had more carbs just for breakfast! Not that I will ever go that low, but out of curiosity, what did you typically eat in a day?

• Like 3

Pretty sure I had more carbs just for breakfast! Not that I will ever go that low, but out of curiosity, what did you typically eat in a day?

vegetables, meat, eggs, seafood, full fat Greek yogurt (Fage Total unsweetened), cheese, heavy cream, sometimes a few berries, nuts and ground nut "flour", seeds

Only veg I avoided was anything super high like potatoes or corn (I know corn isn't exactly a vegetable). 

No restriction on fat.  I didn't go out of my way to eat high or low fat.  Just ate whatever fat I wanted or didn't want on my food. 

I do occasionally use liquid Splenda and Xylitol.  (I tried to like Stevia, but nope.) 

• Like 3

I know exactly how hard that level of ultra low carb is, as I lost 30# eating that way. Good for you! Losing 40 pounds is a LOT of food decisions- well done!

(Due to medical issues I gained about 30# back and am now 8# into the re losing weight by eating moderate low carb)

Edited for grammar

Edited by LarlaB
  • Like 1

:party: 

Way to go!  Back in 2006, I lost over 85 pounds.  In 2010 I started gaining some back due to a chronic health issue, and managed to put about 40 back on.  In the past year, I've managed to re-lose all but 3 of that, and I'm hoping to wipe that out by the end of the month!

All this to say, I know how hard it is and WAY TO GO!

Edited by JudoMom
  • Like 6

Congratulations! It took me almost 2 years to lose my goal weight so I know all about slow and all about how hard the works is. My latest battle this past year has been with maintaining. I can't tell you how many times I've lost and gained the same 5 pounds. 

Good luck on finishing your long fight.

• Like 2

Congratulations! It took me almost 2 years to lose my goal weight so I know all about slow and all about how hard the works is. My latest battle this past year has been with maintaining. I can't tell you how many times I've lost and gained the same 5 pounds. 

Good luck on finishing your long fight.

Maintaining is the hardest part.