Menu

7th grade math textbooks that DON'T have the grade level on the cover???

ereks mom

I have several teenaged students working below grade level in math and they need a thorough review of basic math concepts. I definitely want a 7th grade textbook, worktext, or set of workbooks for each student (no online or CD programs). I've found BJU Fundamentals of Math and A Beka Basic Math (some copies have a tiny 7 in the upper left corner & some have no number).

Do you know of others?

Edited by ereks mom

Saxon Course 1 - it is the public school version of Saxon 7/6. If you google Saxon course 1 you will be able to see samples that public schools post so their students have access to the book at home. You can buy a workbook that has the same problems that are in the book so the students don't have to copy out the problems.

• Like 2

Thanks... I've tried this one and it's not going to work--too intimidating for these particular students. Maybe because it's a college level book and not really developed with middle schoolers in mind?

Sorry, I thought they were older teens.

• 2 weeks later...

MEP7 would work well. It's an entry point for the curriculum and has ALOT of review of basic concepts. Each unit is on a different topic and if a certain review topic is unneeded you could skip that one. Also, there are three streams that you can follow based on their level. Also, it doesn't require nearly as much teacher involvement as the elementary year (thankfully!).

• Like 1