Menu

Homework burning party funny story

ElizabethB

My son was invited to a homework burning party with some of his friends in the neighborhood. I told the mom who invited him that I would rustle up something to burn as homework, we didn't have actual homework but maybe it was all home-work. She thought that was funny.

He had fun and ate smores and burned his most recent essay I printed out. When he came home he said it was fun but he didn't have enough papers, all the other boys had a big stack of homework papers, LOL.

Edited by ElizabethB
  • Like 13

How fun, and we've done that before! All the workbooks were burned at the end of the year in a fire pit in our yard. My boys loved it. The last few years we've just tossed them though. We need to do that again but with smores next time! :)

• Like 1

That reminds me.  Last year I let my kids tear their old workbooks up (after picking out the ones I wanted them to finish over the summer).  It was therapeutic, LOL.  I also have a pile of papers that had been graded and sent home over the year.  It gives me great (I mean GREAT) satisfaction to throw this out after final grades are issued.  I will selfishly retain this privilege for myself.  :P

• Like 2

Earlier this school year my 16 yo ds was writing a research paper on vaccines for Biology (the Well Trained Mind Academy was a big hit with him!), and we had ordered some books for him to use as source material. A couple of weeks later I heard some grumbling about one of the books. Later that day I see him in the back yard and there's a fire in the fire pit. He was so mad about the unscientific nature of the book that he tore the pages out and burned them. I told him that we could have tried to resell it, but he felt it needed to be done away with!

• Like 2