Menu

Do you dress like a Mom?

meganrussell

It will be a sad day if I think I'm too old for sparkles! 

I don't think I'll ever be too old for sparkles though. My current ankle length skirt has a lovely red and gold band around the bottom hem and my spouse bought me my favourite blue sandstone necklace because I loved how it looks like shiny stars in the light.  I also have a light-up colour changing light saber umbrella so maturity is not my top priority in my appearance, or at least not higher than good visibility and fun. 

I am not talking about all sparkles especially jewelry. I have diamond/rhinestone/crystal earrings and necklaces. I have a black tee that has a subtle floral design with sequins. I am talking about the (imo gaudy) explosion of rhinestones all over the butt of a pair of jeans or denim shorts. There is sparkle and then there is gaudy. I guess I should have clarified the difference. 

I dress like someone who spends a lot of time in a horse barn. :)

This IS how I dressed in my teens. Lol. Still wish I had kept my last pair of paddock boots or could find another pair like them. Go so great with jeans!

I think this is why I don't "get" the ripped jeans thing. When jeans actually rip from real wear and tear, then rip in the knee and at the bottom of your buttcheek where your backside hits the saddle, but it isnt covered by your chaps. At that point you can either patch or scrap the jeans because your underwear is now showing. 😠I never had jeans rip mid thigh. Amateur. 😂

Edited by momacacia
  • Like 2