Menu

Can I use "beef top round for london broil" in place of a pot roast?

It's about 3/4" thick, like a pot roast, and does have some fat (but not as much as a pot roast.) The recipe I'm using is dump 1/2 bottle ketchup, 1 package onion soup mix (we use Fantastic Foods because there's no MSG), and a bottle of beer over the roast, throw in potatoes and carrots, cover and cook at 325 for 3 hours. (Try this recipe-easy and everyone loves it!) It calls for pot roast though, but would this type of roast work? I hate to ruin a $9 piece of meat! THANKS!

It's about 3/4" thick, like a pot roast, and does have some fat (but not as much as a pot roast.) The recipe I'm using is dump 1/2 bottle ketchup, 1 package onion soup mix (we use Fantastic Foods because there's no MSG), and a bottle of beer over the roast, throw in potatoes and carrots, cover and cook at 325 for 3 hours. (Try this recipe-easy and everyone loves it!) It calls for pot roast though, but would this type of roast work? I hate to ruin a $9 piece of meat! THANKS!

According to the butcher at my grocery store, yes. And I hope he's right because I have one in the crockpot right now!! :D