Menu

What's with the ads?

Kinsa

I live in the land of "chemtrails".

I just don't get how people can think that world governments who for the most part can't manage a secret for very long at all, and are generally inefficient could possibly maintain such elaborate schemes for so many years without a single whistle blower opening his or her mouth. It isn't just a matter of science to fix illiteracy, it is also math incompetence, an inability to understand probability.

Wikileaks! You would think they could at least understand that Wikileaks would have had it by now.

But these are probably the people who think the stuff in The National Enquirer is real, and they do not want to be reasoned with. I am going to blame Men in Black. When Tommy Lee Jones tossed the tabloids onto the top of that Ford, government-issue car and said, "Best investigative journalism", he ruined a bunch of brains. Can we use Hollywood for this? :D

Wait, the stuff in National Enquirer isn't real?

Does that mean I should start reading a different newspaper?

• Like 4

I just don't get how people can think that world governments who for the most part can't manage a secret for very long at all, and are generally inefficient could possibly maintain such elaborate schemes for so many years without a single whistle blower opening his or her mouth.

This and I've also noticed it's always the *US* government doing all these worldwide things (according to Americans who believe this stuff).  Like the flat earthers who believe there are people guarding the edges, it's always the US military doing the guarding.  It's the US government that has installed software on all the commercial airplanes around the world.  Our government is awfully busy according to some of these people!

• Like 9

This and I've also noticed it's always the *US* government doing all these worldwide things (according to Americans who believe this stuff). Like the flat earthers who believe there are people guarding the edges, it's always the US military doing the guarding. It's the US government that has installed software on all the commercial airplanes around the world. Our government is awfully busy according to some of these people!

Or it is the UN.

• Like 3

I just don't get how people can think that world governments who for the most part can't manage a secret for very long at all, and are generally inefficient could possibly maintain such elaborate schemes for so many years without a single whistle blower opening his or her mouth. It isn't just a matter of science to fix illiteracy, it is also math incompetence, an inability to understand probability.

Wikileaks! You would think they could at least understand that Wikileaks would have had it by now.

But these are probably the people who think the stuff in The National Enquirer is real, and they do not want to be reasoned with. I am going to blame Men in Black. When Tommy Lee Jones tossed the tabloids onto the top of that Ford, government-issue car and said, "Best investigative journalism", he ruined a bunch of brains. Can we use Hollywood for this? :D

I assume they figure their leaders (those who come up with these theories) are the whistleblowers giving us all their inside knowledge.

One has to admit, it could be tempting to come up with various things seeing how easy it is to be believed and rake in money from it all.  If one didn't have higher morals (and many don't), why not?  A fool and his money.

Still, it really angers me when they get into Sandy Hook, the Holocaust, or even 9/11.  (I only know folks IRL who believe that last one.)  Flat earth?  That's mainly laughable TBH.

• Like 3

Which is hilarious because the UN is probably the world's least efficient organization. Not dissing the UN here, there's just not a way to work efficiently when so many disparate parties are involved.

Edited by maize
  • Like 8

No.

No, nononono, NO!  <_<

I've about HAD IT with the whackadoodles that live out here.  <_<

First chemtrails.

Today someone posts a video that shows aliens.  Yes.  Aliens.  And it's been shared from some really whackadoodle facebook page about the upcoming alien invasion.

So I very calmly explained that the "alien ships" merely looked like a B-2 stealth bomber that banks and turns in the video, giving the illusion of a fleet of alien vessels.  Oh, and by the way, the video is filmed in infrared, so of course it's going to look funky.  All those "lights" that you see?  Those are heat sources on the B-2.

Ohmygosh.  The stupidity.  It overwhelms.  <_<

• Like 10

So, hey! Latest word on Facebook is that the apartment tower in London that burned for hours without collapsing is "yet more evidence!" that 9/11 was an inside job.

:huh:  :glare:

You could really have some fun making up new conspiracy theories and seeing how they spread and grow. Eventually someone from the other side of the country will come to the board venting about their cousin who is obsessed with a new conspiracy theory, and Kinsa will sit back, take a drink of coffee, and think, "Yup, that's all me."

• Like 9

So, hey! Latest word on Facebook is that the apartment tower in London that burned for hours without collapsing is "yet more evidence!" that 9/11 was an inside job.

The lack of a planeful of kerosene breaking into the structure could not have been anything to do with it.

• Like 1

The lack of a planeful of kerosene breaking into the structure could not have been anything to do with it.

Laura, you know better than to let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

🙄 <-- directed at said conspiracy theorists

• Like 6

All buildings burn the same and collapse the same, regardless of what knocks them over.

Unless the government is involved, of course. If this doesn't make sense to you, you've obviously been brainwashed.

• Like 3

:svengo:  :svengo:  :svengo:

Good grief! Whackadoodle....it's a pandemic!

• Like 1

Oh my goodness! I unfollowed my chemtrail friend on facebook because I didn't want her constant conspiracy posts on my wall. I just decided to go take a look at her wall. She recently posted a link to an article that says, "Donald Trump Tours Chemtrail Plane, Promises to End Program". Other friends had to tell her it was a satire site. She totally bought it. That's how deep in she is. (I think she voted Libertarian but at one point she considered voting for Hilary because she heard Hilary promised to open the Area 51 documents if elected).

Edited by Lady Florida.
  • Like 3

You could really have some fun making up new conspiracy theories and seeing how they spread and grow. Eventually someone from the other side of the country will come to the board venting about their cousin who is obsessed with a new conspiracy theory, and Kinsa will sit back, take a drink of coffee, and think, "Yup, that's all me."

It's got to be a good money maker! There are just so many whackadoodles out there who will pay to stay connected with whackadoodleness.

I suggest youtube. Start a channel, get subscribers. Seriously, we've been missing the boat all these years, hivers....working regular jobs, slaving for paychecks, trying to make ends meet. We should have just embrassed the whackadoodle culture, made up some whoppers, and narrated "documentaries" with sock puppets. We'd be grotesquely rich by now!

:D

• Like 4

I have no idea if lizard people is an actual conspiracy idea or just some spoof but I know my kids were talking about that one a few years ago.  I think maybe they were in Colorado.  My kids don't believe any of these nutty ideas but think some are funny.  Like Area 51--  when we were stationed at WPAFB, my b-i-l forwarded his question about a building there.  It was one of the base's gyms and I used to go walking there. 

• Like 1

LOL....My husband and I went on a guided plant identification fieldtrip / class and one of the ladies recommended I not sample one of the edible plants because of chemtrails. I made sure to pop it in my mouth right then and there and take my time chewing. ;-)

Edited by jenn&charles
  • Like 2

I know a flat earther... even here down under, I don't know what we're supposed to be under.

• Like 13

I know a flat earther... even here down under, I don't know what we're supposed to be under.

:lol:

• Like 3

I wonder if the person believes the North Star is real?

• Like 2

All buildings burn the same and collapse the same, regardless of what knocks them over.

Unless the government is involved, of course. If this doesn't make sense to you, you've obviously been brainwashed.

There you go having to be all "sciencey" again. See. It's proof you're brainwashed. I bet you went to public school. Or at least college. :p Figures.

• Like 3