Menu

Math 2 SAT Subject Test Prep

There is a blue College Board math subject book with 2 tests in it; get that one over the phone book one with only one of each test. Once you're in the 700s on a practice level 1 test, switch to level 2 prep.

The Barron's book is way harder than the real test. We ended up grabbing easier books from the library and using those. (An old PR Math level 2 and McGraw Precalculus reference of some sort.)

• Like 1

There is a blue College Board math subject book with 2 tests in it; get that one over the phone book one with only one of each test. Once you're in the 700s on a practice level 1 test, switch to level 2 prep.

The Barron's book is way harder than the real test. We ended up grabbing easier books from the library and using those. (An old PR Math level 2 and McGraw Precalculus reference of some sort.)

Thanks, Janet!  So, you are suggesting that she start by taking the level 1 practice tests even though she is only going to take the level 2 test?  That isn't an approach that I had considered at all, but I guess it makes sense to start there.  I do have the "phone book" one on hand because we're looking at a number of different tests, but I will also get the other College Board book.  This is the only math she is going to do this summer, so the more practice tests she has, the better.

So, you are suggesting that she start by taking the level 1 practice tests even though she is only going to take the level 2 test?

I do have the "phone book" one on hand because we're looking at a number of different tests, but I will also get the other College Board book. This is the only math she is going to do this summer, so the more practice tests she has, the better.

1. Yes, I had DD do a level one test first as a sanity check. If there were weaknesses in anything there, it would be better to find them early.

2. The math book only has one more level 1 and one more level 2 than the phone book. The other two tests will be repeats.

• Like 1

This is the only math she is going to do this summer, so the more practice tests she has, the better.

The Barron's book has a diagnostic test and 6 practice tests. My kid did a test a day so he was done in 7 days. He is taking the test this Saturday so no idea how well he will do for the actual test.

https://www.amazon.com/Barrons-SAT-Subject-Test-Level/dp/1438007914

• Like 1