Menu

May I brag?

Elizabeth86

I know some of you don't care much about standardized tests. In my state I either had to go the portfolio route or a standardized test. I chose to do the CAT 6 test for my son for his K year. I just got the results back and I am so proud of him. NPR is national percentile rank. For reading it was 86 well above average. For language he scored 73 slightly above average. For math he scored 97 highest level. His overall score was 91 high level. This really gave me some confidence I was really lacking. To top it of he is a young K student. He turned 5 2 months into the school year. I'm not sure if the CAT is just super easy or he's truly doing this well, but either way my confidence is through the roof. I'm ready for a fun 1st grade year with no worries.

• Like 9

Congratulations!

This year was the first one that we didn't do a standardized test, and it was always very reassuring to get those scores showing that not only was she doing as well as kids in PS, but substantially better than what our local schools averaged :). I kind of miss it this year (although getting DE grades had much the same effect).

I know some of you don't care much about standardized tests. In my state I either had to go the portfolio route or a standardized test. I chose to do the CAT 6 test for my son for his K year. I just got the results back and I am so proud of him. NPR is national percentile rank. For reading it was 86 well above average. For language he scored 73 slightly above average. For math he scored 97 highest level. His overall score was 91 high level. This really gave me some confidence I was really lacking. To top it of he is a young K student. He turned 5 2 months into the school year. I'm not sure if the CAT is just super easy or he's truly doing this well, but either way my confidence is through the roof. I'm ready for a fun 1st grade year with no worries.

Good job to both of you!  It is a boost to have good tests scores.  Relax and enjoy the summer now.  He will be graduating before you know it...:(  Mine is going to be a senior this year.

Good job to both of you! It is a boost to have good tests scores. Relax and enjoy the summer now. He will be graduating before you know it...:( Mine is going to be a senior this year.

Thank you. Yes, we are relaxing and enjoying summer. We are just reading and playing and that's it.

• Like 1