Menu

Any experience with Costco Novaform mattress in a box?

1GirlTwinBoys

We have the Comfort Grande. We weren't sure if we wanted to go with a foam mattress. Our old spring mattress was dying, though, and this model was on sale so we went ahead and got it. I like it. I don't wake up stiff like I did with our old mattress. One person can move and it doesn't disturb the other person. My DH thinks it's a bit too firm. He travels a lot and so is used to the softer hotel mattresses, so he wishes we would have gone for a softer model. That said, the firmness doesn't really bother him and he sleeps just fine on it.

This mattress is really thick. We have a padded mattress topper--the padding isn't necessary for this bed, just happens to be what we had from before and we're still using it. Anyway, this makes it so that our deep-pocket sheets barely fit. If your sheets and other bedding isn't made for a thicker mattress, you might need to get new ones. The thickness also makes the bed taller, so if you have any issues getting in or out of bed due to height take that into consideration.

We've only had ours for about 9 months, so I can't speak of its longevity. Costco has a great return policy, though, and the mattress was fairly inexpensive so we felt it was worth trying. So far we've been pleased with it.

• Like 1

We have the Comfort Grande. We weren't sure if we wanted to go with a foam mattress. Our old spring mattress was dying, though, and this model was on sale so we went ahead and got it. I like it. I don't wake up stiff like I did with our old mattress. One person can move and it doesn't disturb the other person. My DH thinks it's a bit too firm. He travels a lot and so is used to the softer hotel mattresses, so he wishes we would have gone for a softer model. That said, the firmness doesn't really bother him and he sleeps just fine on it.

This mattress is really thick. We have a padded mattress topper--the padding isn't necessary for this bed, just happens to be what we had from before and we're still using it. Anyway, this makes it so that our deep-pocket sheets barely fit. If your sheets and other bedding isn't made for a thicker mattress, you might need to get new ones. The thickness also makes the bed taller, so if you have any issues getting in or out of bed due to height take that into consideration.

We've only had ours for about 9 months, so I can't speak of its longevity. Costco has a great return policy, though, and the mattress was fairly inexpensive so we felt it was worth trying. So far we've been pleased with it.

This is the same bed we purchased Sunday.  I feel like it's too firm so we may exchange it for one that is a little softer.  Yes, you're right about it being very high too.

Edited by 1GirlTwinBoys

We bought ours a year ago (I'm not sure which model, DH did the shopping) after having two horrible experiences with mattresses from JC Penny's (which has horrible customer service and a horrible return policy, even on mattresses that were deemed defective by their own inspection company). We like our mattress. It is high, but we found it to be more comfortable than the other two we had bought from Penny's, which I think we're Sealy or something like that.

Edited by KrissiK

We've had ours for about eight years. It's been good, but my large (300+ lbs) husband has a permanent indention on his side. My side is still good. I am overweight, but not unusually large. I am looking for a replacement now since it is no longer as comfortable for him.