Menu

BJU Science, DVD - still available?

diaperjoys

We want to use the BJU Space & Earth Science/Mrs. Vick (8th grade) this year. I think it used to be available on DVD, but now that we're ready for it, I only see it available as an online class. Are the DVD's still available somehow? We've not done any BJU dvd classes before, so this is all new to us.

Thanks!

Yes, still available with DVDs.  My dd did it online this year (which I prefer to DVDs because tests and quizzes are all online, and you don't have to deal with DVDs), but its definitely still an option to go the DVD route.  You do not own the DVDs -- just rent them for 18 months from July 1 - Dec. 31 of following year (which is the same length of time as online).   Here's the link:

http://www.bjupresshomeschool.com/product/421511

If you order through a BJU Homeworks by Precept Rep I think you'll get a discount.

Edited by monalisa

Thank you for that info. That has generated a couple questions...

-- We have siblings sharing this science course. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get them set up. I'd much rather not purchase two separate complete sets at $300 ea, but I'm not seeing an easy way for the second sibling to access the test/quizzes.

--What is the format of the online tests and quizzes? Is it possible for one child do see the quiz and do the answers on paper? And then the next child does the quiz online? I don't mind correcting that second quiz, just need to be sure there is some way to access it. 

-- I wonder if the hard copies of the quizzes and tests that I assume are available would line up to the DVD/Online course. 

Thank you for that info. That has generated a couple questions...

-- We have siblings sharing this science course. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get them set up. I'd much rather not purchase two separate complete sets at $300 ea, but I'm not seeing an easy way for the second sibling to access the test/quizzes.

--What is the format of the online tests and quizzes? Is it possible for one child do see the quiz and do the answers on paper? And then the next child does the quiz online? I don't mind correcting that second quiz, just need to be sure there is some way to access it. 

-- I wonder if the hard copies of the quizzes and tests that I assume are available would line up to the DVD/Online course. 

I've used DVD and online courses through BJU, although not the earth/space course. 

As the teacher, you are able to reset the online quizzes and tests so that one student could take it. You could reset all the answers back to 0 points, and then the other could take it. The only thing is that you will have to keep a record of the grades rather than having it kept online. 

If you do the DVD option, the life science course includes oral quizzes during the videos and a hard copy of the tests. I would imagine the earth science course would be set up the same way. 

If I had two doing it, I would do DVDs and order an extra set of tests. It seems like less work to me to just grade the tests than to have to do all the resetting. 

• 2 weeks later...