Menu

Fix it or Analytical Grammar?

I am looking for a one year grammar review program for my son. He has done R&S, CLE and another program that I can't remember at the moment. It seems all the grammar studying he has done isn't spilling over into his writing. At this point I have narrowed my search to either Fix it or AG but I am open to other suggestions.  I think we could get through AG easily in a year but I'm not sure how far we could get in Fix It. I know the first few books might go quicker but then we would need to slow down. 

Any suggestions or thoughts on these programs? Thanks!

I am looking for a one year grammar review program for my son. He has done R&S, CLE and another program that I can't remember at the moment. It seems all the grammar studying he has done isn't spilling over into his writing. At this point I have narrowed my search to either Fix it or AG but I am open to other suggestions. I think we could get through AG easily in a year but I'm not sure how far we could get in Fix It. I know the first few books might go quicker but then we would need to slow down.

Any suggestions or thoughts on these programs? Thanks!

You can use Fix-It without starting on book 1 since you've done so many previous programs. I'd give him their placement test and use that as a guide. We use it and can get through multiple lessons in a week- we do a whole "week" per sitting and squeeze it in as workload allows. There are review cards in the back as well. I've never used AG, so can't speak to that, but we've been very happy with Fix-It. Dd doesn't dread it, so I take that as a good endorsement. :)

You can use Fix-It without starting on book 1 since you've done so many previous programs. I'd give him their placement test and use that as a guide. We use it and can get through multiple lessons in a week- we do a whole "week" per sitting and squeeze it in as workload allows. There are review cards in the back as well. I've never used AG, so can't speak to that, but we've been very happy with Fix-It. Dd doesn't dread it, so I take that as a good endorsement. :)

Thank you!