Menu

If you don't have a thigh gap but like to wear skirts & dresses....

Amber in SJ

I tried these and they work wonderfully.  Slip shorts don't work for me because they creep up and then not only do I get the dreaded chub rub, but I have bunched up fabric under my cheek.  Bike shorts are too thick and make me sweaty.  These are super soft, super light and feel great.

These are not shape wear or compression undies.

I went up one size because I am bottom heavy.

https://www.amazon.com/Zerdocean-Womens-Modal-Basic-Shorts/dp/B06ZY9FY12/ref=pd_rhf_dp_s_cp_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B06XR8X7ZY&pd_rd_r=FG1KYX959DWXS73G0J5G&pd_rd_w=eGO0c&pd_rd_wg=bNWBf&refRID=FG1KYX959DWXS73G0J5G&th=1

Amber in SJ

• Like 6

When you stand with your feet together and your thighs do not touch. The space between is called a thigh gap.

Thank you.

And laughing semi-hysterically. Even when I was a size 0, and weighed 93 lbs, I didn't have a thigh gap! That was most of my adult life, I'm not talking about an adolescent. I guess some of us are just not built like supermodels.

• Like 3

My daughter just picked up some cotton knit Forever 21 legging shorts to try under her dresses. She's a size 10, but has inherited the proportionally larger thighs from my mother's side of the family. We had seen a recommendation to try buying lace leggings and cutting them off, but then saw these for less than $4. http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=bottoms_shorts&ProductID=2000064887&VariantID=   They also seem to carry a lace trimmed cotton biker short that might work ($5.90).  http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=bottoms_shorts&ProductID=2000091570&VariantID=   

Since dress and skirt styles are currently above the knee for the younger (than me) crowd, it's been a bit challenging finding something that's not too long in the inseam for her. I wear skirts/dresses exclusively because I prefer them and couldn't live without my pantalettes/split slips that I usually get from Woman Within or Roamans. I don't wear anything that's shorter than about mid-calf, though.

Edited by KarenNC

I usually use either the gel or deodorant, or honestly just being sure to keep the area very dry usually works (wiping briskly with paper towels before leaving, even if the skin doesn't actually feel damp). It's very strange - I have gone through phases where this was a pressing issue for me and I absolutely needed to have something not to be downright injured, and phases where it was a complete non-issue, with no change in weight, climate, or anything else I could identify. I gave up on extra items of clothing as a solution though. Sometimes they make it worse by trapping sweat, and then seams can irritate as well... sometimes regular pants are bad for the same reason.