Menu

WWYD? friendship, exercise coach, beach body, etc

ktgrok

I'm musing on this. I have an unlimited subscription or whatever it's called to Beachbody on Demand workouts. They work well for me right now at this point in my life. I am alternating the yoga retreat one and their new super beginner workout (You v2) and enjoying how I feel. At 30 minutes they are do able. I did the maternity ones before this, and Country Heat before that. Right now exercise is very important to me but hard to find time for. I need motivation and encouragement. 

Anyway, I originally ordered through an acquaintance a while back, when they came out with Country Heat (that's how I got into Beachbody). She'd mentioned it on Facebook, I asked, and she hooked me up. But that means now she is my "coach". She gets points or money or whatever every order I make, etc. 

The thing is, another friend is also a coach. Someone I know a bit better, who is WAY more into it. Like posts all the time with encouraging stuff, etc. Totally into it. Versus the one I am with now, who is sort of into it, but not really. It's not her day job. I'm thinking I might do better with the higher intensity style of this other coach...she does fitness groups on Facebook every month and I know she must be very on top  of it. Also, this is how that mama makes money to stay home, which I'd like to support, versus the coach I have now that has a day job and just does this as an add on. 

Now, dilemma is will that extra encouragement just end up annoying me after a while  if I switch coaches? Or help? And is there a way to gracefully tell old coach I'm switching? She did nothing wrong, so don't want to hurt her.

Or just stick with who I have and stop fussing over it? 

Edited by ktgrok

IMHO, I would do whatever works best for *YOU.*  Just because you reached out and asked Coach #1 to get you started does not constitute a lifetime working relationship.  At this time in your life, the other coach seems to be a better fit for your needs and your funds.  Put your yourself first.

Go with your gut, girl! :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 3

First of all, you should support who works for you, right? Would you support coach #2 over coach #1, even without the Facebook stuff? It sounds like it.

Second, would coach #1 even know you switched? Or is it like that Facebook friend you've unfollowed and don't even notice when they've unfriended you? Even if she does notice, a simple, "I'd really like to join in on Coach #2's fitness groups, because that's the support I need right now" would do?

I would switch to the coach that you are closer to and who offers more of what you need. However, unless you're going to succumb to Shakeology, then she's not going to be making $$ off of you anyway. As I understand it, the support groups are free. SInce you have the streaming, if that's all you do, she won't make money (unless it's a yearly subscription---or is it lifetime?) . You could contribute to her groups in other ways, though, through your participation. 

the 'coaches' are in business.  the one you have is not meeting your needs, so  you want to try one you think will be a better fit. 

all you owe the first one is "thank you for introducing me to this, but this isn't working for me.  I need to move on."  you don't need to give her particulars.  she is *in. business.*  she's NOT meeting her customers need.  customers move-on.

if she learns you went to a different coach/trainer - just say the other person's style is a better fit for your needs.  (surely as a buisnesswoman you understand meeting the needs of your customers . . . . . . . .hard stare.)

this is one of the problems of doing business with "friends".

• Like 1

OT, but... I'm searching, and I can't find a definitive answer. Can you download any of the workouts so you can use them offline? I see one article from 2016 that suggests you can download seven, or something, but then I don't see that anywhere else.

With the app on my phone I can download....not sure about other.