Menu

Podcasts & audio commercials

Tohru

Podcasts & audio commercials  

22 members have voted

1. 1. If you listen to podcsts, have you noticed you listen to audio commercials more?

• I don't listen to podcasts
    • I listen to podcasts and intentionaly listen to audio commercials
    • I listen to podcasts and can tune out audio commercials easily
    • I listen to podcasts and have caught myself listening to audio commercials
    • Other

Our house has been discussing this - does listening to podcasts make you unconsciously listen to audio commercials too? Not the advertisements on the podcast, but like the radio or other audio devices.

Curiosity poll, just for fun.

I listen to podcasts and use the 15 second "forward" button to fast forward through any ads. I don't listen to live AM or FM radio really anymore (unless I'm in someone else's car). I guess I don't see what one has to do with the other as far as audio ads? With the exception of the internet (like YouTube ads) we've trimmed anything with forced ads (like cable TV or broadcast radio) from our lives.

I listen to podcasts and use the 15 second "forward" button to fast forward through any ads. I don't listen to live AM or FM radio really anymore (unless I'm in someone else's car). I guess I don't see what one has to do with the other as far as audio ads? With the exception of the internet (like YouTube ads) we've trimmed anything with forced ads (like cable TV or broadcast radio) from our lives.

Same.

And we mute the computer when ads do come on.

Edited by OKBud

I don't listen to commercials. I skip ahead on podcasts and I change the station if I'm listening to regular radio.

I mean, I guess I catch a few because it's impossible to not hear a little bit of them but in general I avoid commercials.

• Like 1

I ignore or skip most podcast ads, but I was compelled to try Bombas socks because of repeated podcast ads about them (I love them!). I usually only listen to podcasts, audiobooks, or Spotify premium, so I don't really have any opportunity to listen to other audio ads.

Other. I listen to podcasts but I don't listen to anything else that has audio commercials.

Same here. Radio is annoying because too many commercials make it sound like just noise. So the dc and I stopped listening years ago; dh still listens to radio. I don't watch a lot of youtube videos that have commercials, but when they do I ignore/skip when possible.

Other, I'm not sure if what I listen to qualifies as podcasts (because I'm not accessing it through that route), and even if they do, "commercials" within are few and are for only a handful of specific companies/organizations.