Menu

Well Trained bodybuilders/fitness competitors?

MSNative

Hi! Anyone here ever competed in a bodybuilding or fitness competition? Would love some advice and info.

I'm not thinking about competing (too expensive. Whew) but have an opportunity to audition for a very cool dream fitness job in three months. I'm pretty fit but looking to up my odds by getting stronger and leaner.

Edited by MSNative

I watched a friend prepare and compete and it's definitely not something I'd ever do myself. Too restrictive a diet, not something sustainable for long-term health for someone in my age category. The judges are bias towards young people anyway. The 35+ women looked wonderful, but the 20s people won every time. Do your research and know exactly what the whole thing includes. Go to a competition and just watch. It's a weird world.

I watched a friend prepare and compete and it's definitely not something I'd ever do myself. Too restrictive a diet, not something sustainable for long-term health for someone in my age category. The judges are bias towards young people anyway. The 35+ women looked wonderful, but the 20s people won every time. Do your research and know exactly what the whole thing includes. Go to a competition and just watch. It's a weird world.

Oh I wouldn't compete. Way too expensive and I don't have a huge desire which I think you need to commit to that. I'm just looking to up my odds for a job I'm auditioning for.

Would your friend possibly share any good links on diet/exercising/supplements? I've checked out Bodybuilding.com and a few other sites but I feel that so many of them are just trying to sell stuff. I'd like boots in the ground info ya know?

Fitness job, awesome!

My old gym had a lot of competitors. I was terrified for their health!

I've been in the fitness industry for two decades. (And saying that now I feel really old. Lol). I've seen lots of crazy that scares me. (Don't get me started on those thrive patches that have caused many women to get dizzy and almost pass out in classes and on the fit floor. Grrrr)

I don't want insane fad or unhealthy anything. That's why I'd like to talk to someone who can give me some good, solid info source recs.