Menu

Was the board down for anyone today?

They were down for a long time, I got the same message. I was on just as they went down and I didn't notice any ruckuss, but I also stay away from the political threads, so I may have missed something. The Sonlight boards (also run by vbulliten) were also down for a good part of the day, minus the weird message. I had to find an alternative mental escape today!

Yes! I got home last night and wanted to do some research for a friend before I got and for several hours I got that message. I figured things must have gotten nasty and the powers that be are tired of it.

Thankfully I haven't forgotten the question I need to look up! :D

Yeah, things were getting a little dicey in a couple of threads (and those were the ones I *saw*), and suddenly the boards were gone. They were down for several hours -- mid afternoon until at least late last night here. Based on the threads I saw the "We'll be back. Later." made perfect sense, lol.

When I got that message, all I could think was, what have you kids done now?!

I could do a little happy dance, I'm so tickled to have you all back! And call me a fuddy-duddy, anti-intellectual wuss or whatever, but I'm super happy that politics are no more.

Yep. I read the mssg, & thought, Uh-oh. We've been GROUNDED. :w00t:

When I got that message, all I could think was, what have you kids done now?!

I could do a little happy dance, I'm so tickled to have you all back! And call me a fuddy-duddy, anti-intellectual wuss or whatever, but I'm super happy that politics are no more.

:iagree: on all counts!

Back to your regular programming! :hurray:

I'm super happy that politics are no more.

I've honestly enjoyed many of the political conversations here and the opportunity to discuss such a pertinent topic. I found the board far more engaging than usual, although I admittedly haven't been here much of late simply due to time constraints. It's a real shame when not just people, but topics, are put in time out, imo.

And I see no point in annoying others by telling them what to say (or not

Very true. I love the political threads and have learned a lot from links provided by members on both sides of the political field. But what was going on yesterday was some strange stuff. Bizarre and inflammatory accusations, or should I say accusation. I think shutting down the board and keeping politics off the board was the prudent thing to do.

I don't know why my script is blue. I think it has something to do with quoting from your blue post.

Four years from now, let's remember that we will not be good. No matter how hard we try someone, somewhere will stir the pot and it is better for politics to be banned, than for the board to go down.:D

I'm writing this in my calendar right now so I don't forget. Standing up for free speech and all that rot -- well, yeah, I did. Like I've said before, live and let live -- as long as it doesn't effect me. But when I can't read my private messages because of some silliness going on -- it has now affected me and my support is withdrawn! Good grief.

I'm writing this in my calendar right now so I don't forget. Standing up for free speech and all that rot -- well, yeah, I did. Like I've said before, live and let live -- as long as it doesn't effect me. But when I can't read my private messages because of some silliness going on -- it has now affected me and my support is withdrawn! Good grief.

Oooh! You get private messages? I'm so jealous!:D

Exactly, I love the discussion but can't handle not having my boards. Heck, I would start calling SWB The Overmind in casual conversation if that was required to keep the boards up and running. :lol:

Oh, er...don't we all do that already? Or...is it just me? :001_huh:

:lol:

No, I was all for allowing the political talk too, and I don't even mind the arguments and inflammatory garbage--I just skip those posts if I have to. I DO mind when it starts making life h#ll for Susan and the mods though, because they do us an awfully kind service, and I hate to see them taken advantage of.

Very true. I love the political threads and have learned a lot from links provided by members on both sides of the political field. But what was going on yesterday was some strange stuff. Bizarre and inflammatory accusations, or should I say accusation. I think shutting down the board and keeping politics off the board was the prudent thing to do.

I don't know why my script is blue. I think it has something to do with quoting from your blue post.

Yes it was quite bizarre...wasn't it? Hmmm, makes a girl wonder. 4.gif

Oh, er...don't we all do that already? Or...is it just me? :001_huh:

I think everyone but Cadam does it ... at least she's the only one who admits it ... so it must be her fault the board went down since she wasn't doing her part.

Lynch mob will form at my house later tonight. Bring your own torch. Also, bring a coat, as it's pretty cold here tonight. We'll be serving hot apple cider afterwards.

Oh, heck, it's too cold and icky out for this. Let's just do the hot apple cider.

Yes it was quite bizarre...wasn't it? Hmmm, makes a girl wonder. 4.gif

Man, I always miss the good stuff and then come back and have no idea what is going on. I thought I was still having the same problem with internet provider as last week. I thought the message was really strange though. Didn't sound like SWB or the mods at all. Considered the possibility that someone was hacking my computer or that homeland security had me on their list (don't even ask). And no, I don't believe in conspiracy theories at all. :blink:

I think everyone but Cadam does it ... at least she's the only one who admits it ... so it must be her fault the board went down since she wasn't doing her part.

Lynch mob will form at my house later tonight. Bring your own torch. Also, bring a coat, as it's pretty cold here tonight. We'll be serving hot apple cider afterwards.

Oh, heck, it's too cold and icky out for this. Let's just do the hot apple cider.

I'll be right over. I'm leaving now :auto: