Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search
fairfarmhand

Personal Problems

I'm feeling especially broken and sad today. Nothing I want to discuss on a public forum but it's hard.

I know that as a Christian, I don't have to be Good enough. Because Grace says I'm beautiful in His sight.

But, it hurts when others don't look at you like that. It just hurts.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:    I'm sorry you are hurting. The older I get, the more grace I realize I need, and therefore, the more I realize I need to give grace to others. In other words, I find myself hoping that others do not judge me by the standards I used to use toward others. May I continue to grow in this! (And may those whose harshness you feel learn this lesson as well.)

One of the hardest lessons I had in life was to have a problem that simply couldn't be shared with anyone for legal reasons and to go around trying to be normal and inside feeling broken. I am so, so sorry.

Oh, how I get this!  :grouphug:  to you! 

Remember to seek the Audience of One for His is the only opinion that truly matters.

I know you know this. Sometimes it helps to have it written in front of us.

"Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His Wonderful Face, and the things of Earth will go strangely dim,

in the Light of His Glory and Grace!"

You are NOT alone in this, my friend!

I'm so sorry you're hurting today - I always enjoy your posts here and want to just say - Phooey on anyone who isn't appreciating you properly!!!!

Anne

:grouphug:  Been there, it's not easy when we feel that way.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: I'm sorry you are hurting. The older I get, the more grace I realize I need, and therefore, the more I realize I need to give grace to others. In other words, I find myself hoping that others do not judge me by the standards I used to use toward others. May I continue to grow in this! (And may those whose harshness you feel learn this lesson as well.)

Well said!

I'm feeling especially broken and sad today. Nothing I want to discuss on a public forum but it's hard.

I know that as a Christian, I don't have to be Good enough. Because Grace says I'm beautiful in His sight.

But, it hurts when others don't look at you like that. It just hurts.

I may be off the mark with this thought, but it's what came to mind so I felt I should share it.

Do the people who are hurting you realize that what they're criticizing applies to you?  Sometimes people say things to others, or in the hearing of others, that they'd never say if they knew more about the people who are listening.  This kind of thing can bring great pain, without the speaker having a clue what the consequences of their unthinking remarks may be to others.  If that's the case, please realize that they may be being harsher than they would if they understood that what they were saying applies to you.  It doesn't excuse their behavior, but it does mean that they may not really have a full understanding of that which they are criticizing.  It's hard.  All you can do is to learn from the experience, and try to extend to others the grace that has not been extended to you.  In the long run, your hard-earned wisdom and example in how to thoughtfully handle this sort of thing may go a long way towards helping both those suffering as you have been, and those who would criticize them.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

The world demands all the wrong kinds of perfection.

:hugs:

I'm not a Christian so I can't add any extra prayers, but I care and am thinking of you.