Menu

MiniLuk reviews?

Has anybody here used MiniLuk?  I'm looking at it for my 4.5 year old as something he can do somewhat independently while I do school with my 2nd and 4th graders.  He is already reading CVC words and doing simple addition and subtraction.  He won't be 5 until December, so I'm just trying to keep him busy and engaged.  He seems to be teaching himself things, so I figure give him other "interesting" learning opportunities and not do anything formal for a while.  

MiniLuk looks like something fun and engaging.  Anybody have any experience with it?  

Thanks!

• Like 1

We used Bambinoluk and then switched to Versatiles.

They were well loved here. I rotated through the books so only one or two was available at a time, and they were used while we had a different activity for the other child each week. We rotated through those, shape games, logic puzzles, pounding pegs in clay, stencils, and other things. I don't think I would use the books too frequently, each page only took about a minute or so to complete, up to maybe ten minutes for the Versatiles.

We used Bambinoluk and then switched to Versatiles.

They were well loved here. I rotated through the books so only one or two was available at a time, and they were used while we had a different activity for the other child each week. We rotated through those, shape games, logic puzzles, pounding pegs in clay, stencils, and other things. I don't think I would use the books too frequently, each page only took about a minute or so to complete, up to maybe ten minutes for the Versatiles.

Why did you switch to Versatiles?

Because I was on a budget. I bought a large set for $20 at a used curriculum sale (and picked up FunThinkers, another similar program, for $5). I couldn't justify the cost of Miniluk when similar materials were available cheaper.

• Like 1