Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
UnlikelyHomeschoolingMama

MiniLuk reviews?

Has anybody here used MiniLuk?  I'm looking at it for my 4.5 year old as something he can do somewhat independently while I do school with my 2nd and 4th graders.  He is already reading CVC words and doing simple addition and subtraction.  He won't be 5 until December, so I'm just trying to keep him busy and engaged.  He seems to be teaching himself things, so I figure give him other "interesting" learning opportunities and not do anything formal for a while.  

MiniLuk looks like something fun and engaging.  Anybody have any experience with it?  

Thanks!

• Like 1

We used Bambinoluk and then switched to Versatiles.

They were well loved here. I rotated through the books so only one or two was available at a time, and they were used while we had a different activity for the other child each week. We rotated through those, shape games, logic puzzles, pounding pegs in clay, stencils, and other things. I don't think I would use the books too frequently, each page only took about a minute or so to complete, up to maybe ten minutes for the Versatiles.

BambinoLuk here too, and well enjoyed in the 3-4 age ranges. I'm planning to move to miniLuk once the Bambino ones sell, as they do a nice job of giving some engaged independent time.

We used Bambinoluk and then switched to Versatiles.

They were well loved here. I rotated through the books so only one or two was available at a time, and they were used while we had a different activity for the other child each week. We rotated through those, shape games, logic puzzles, pounding pegs in clay, stencils, and other things. I don't think I would use the books too frequently, each page only took about a minute or so to complete, up to maybe ten minutes for the Versatiles.

Why did you switch to Versatiles?

Because I was on a budget. I bought a large set for $20 at a used curriculum sale (and picked up FunThinkers, another similar program, for $5). I couldn't justify the cost of Miniluk when similar materials were available cheaper.

• Like 1