Menu

Clover Creek physics rocked!

Now that the year is over, I can Shout out to Jetta at Clover Creek- Physics was great!

Thank you so much for teaching a wonderful class :)

Labs & projects were easy (& fun!) to complete in a home setting (not that they were too easy, I mean they were easy to do " at home"), morning messages were great, communication was excellant, grading was quick & good feedback, weekly live classes went well, really, it was a gooood course.

I'm so glad we chose your class!

Ds enjoyed it, even if physics isn't his passion ;)

Ds's best friend is signed up to take it next year too, after hearing such good stuff about it all year.

Thanks again!

• Like 10

Jetta is great and accommodating when my oldest had the worst seasonal allergy ever last January and April. My oldest could remember most of the stuff from her 2015/16 physics class for his SAT physics test prep so he has little to revise :)

Jetta should start AP physics classes so I could enroll my boys.

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 6

My kid adores her!!! We went in a bit ensure if he was going to be able to handle it, but it has been an amazing experience. He has learned so much and now considers majoring in physics. Jetta, I really wish you taught more online courses.

Labs were fun, especially the Galileo one where I got the job of pouring water. By the time we were done, I was soaked head to toe. And let's not mention catapulting raw eggs all over my yard. 😂

• Like 5

My kid adores her!!! We went in a bit ensure if he was going to be able to handle it, but it has been an amazing experience. He has learned so much and now considers majoring in physics. Jetta, I really wish you taught more online courses.

Labs were fun, especially the Galileo one where I got the job of pouring water. By the time we were done, I was soaked head to toe. And let's not mention catapulting raw eggs all over my yard. 😂

Yes, its really amazing to see how inspirational teachers can mark a young child's life. These are really formative years. Its so cool to hear of new found loves of subjects like physics which hadn't existed prior to taking a course. Its also a bit ironic to hear from homeschooling families singing the praises of classes taken outside the home. Well, when you think about homeschooling in the broader sense it really covers all educational venues. But for many of our kids the primary venue is reading a book at home with mom and dad. So the real lesson for me as a homeschool parent is to not underestimate the power of outside teacher influences in our young childrens' lives. Thank you, Jetta!!!  ;)  :)

• Like 6

âœ‹ï¸ Seconding the requested 3rd section of physics--1st and 2nd class were full by the time we tried to jump in. 😕 Delaying our 2nd choice of physics teacher in hopes Jetta will decide to open another class. 🤞

Edited by momof2cowboys
  • Like 2

I think you can get on an email list so she notifies you when she opens the class next year.

Is it too soon to register for 2018-19?!?!?

I think she already has two sections for 2017-2018. I know she opened another section after the first one filled so quickly. I think she's trying to make sure she has time for ALL the students. Plus, doesn't she still have a kid or two at home to teach?  :coolgleamA:

• Like 4

I'm squirming in my seat a bit...thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. I am so appreciative of all of your amazing, awesome, fantabulous kids...they are the ones who make the class meetings so enjoyable. They are all so determined and curious and creative and brave. :-)

I think you can get on an email list so she notifies you when she opens the class next year.

I think she already has two sections for 2017-2018. I know she opened another section after the first one filled so quickly. I think she's trying to make sure she has time for ALL the students. Plus, doesn't she still have a kid or two at home to teach?  :coolgleamA:

Thank you, RootAnn. I am honestly very nervous about teaching two sections of physics next year. I will also be teaching a local chemistry class (from scratch) and leading a group of high schoolers in a monthly literature group. And yes, I still have two of my own kiddos to teach (although the older one is almost completely independent at this stage---I've moved into more counselor/organizer mode with him). 

I've been reading some time managment blogs and books for ideas to help me. My biggest time "waster" is puttering around my garden...and I'm really not willing to give that up! lol!

• Like 13

No, Jetta, don't give up your garden/yard.  It is simply beautiful!  Just like the classes that you create and put your focus into....they are a thing of beauty.  So, PROUD of you my dear friend!

Go, Jetta, go!!

But let's do coffee soon!!

(((HUGS))),

Brenda, mother to one of Jetta's  first physics "guinea pigs"  

• Like 7

I will also be teaching a local chemistry class (from scratch) and leading a group of high schoolers in a monthly literature group.

Are you going to start an online Chemistry class in 2018/19? My younger boy can be a guinea pig :)

You might want to start interest lists for your 2018/19 online classes, kind of like interest lists for new homes launches.

• Like 4

My daughter will be there as well for your chemistry course if you start one in 2018-2019.

Jetta, I cannot tell you how grateful I am for your help when I was in the fence about your physics course. You stirred me in the right direction. I knew then and there what an amazing person you are...

Edited by mom2vikha
  • Like 2